Chapter Thirty Five

[Harry's POV]

"You fucking little bitch." I snarled, glaring at Bonnie with all the hatred I was feeling at the moment. She and Ethan were tied on my most hated list of people. Let me tell you, I have a long list.

Bonnie laughed, her annoying raspy voice sounding like sandpaper rubbing against wood. I cringed as she doubled over in laughter.

Lily wasn't supposed to know, she wasn't supposed to find out-not yet. I knew just as well as the witch about this curse. Of course I knew about her father- their father. Heck, I've even met him.

I knew as soon as I heard her last name, what I was getting into. Question was, why me? Why not Niall or Liam or Louis or Zayn? Why me? How the hell did I get picked for the curse to take affect on?

I shook my head. No matter how many times I had stayed up trying to convince myself that this wasn't real, it felt real. The sparks that ignight when we kiss, the feeling I get when I look at her, the way she smiles at me and I smile back, the way that Helena never could make me feel. Was that all fake? I beg to differ.

"Whatever I feel, it's real Bonnie. Of course, you wouldn't know, after all, you've never felt this way." I snapped, anger pulsing through my veins. Even the cool metal key necklace around my neck could not keep me calm as I glared at Bonnie some more.

I couldn't move, not with her magic binding me here. Stupid witches, stupid magic.

"Ah, gullible child!" Bonnie crackled, howling with laughter as if I'd made the worlds funniest joke. "Why don't I give you some bonding time with Grace? After all, we have time."

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see that Niall had taken this distraction to run into the trees and bushes. His blue eyes poked out before he stuck his face out briefly, mouthing 'Lily'.

I nodded ever so slightly. I was counting on him I find her. With Ethan around and searching for her, she wasn't safe. Niall disappeared into the shadows. I could hear his feet hitting the ground at blinding speed as he bolted off.

Please be safe. I wished Lily, willing her to stay out of troubles way till I could go find her myself. The witch was too busy laughing to even notice that Niall had fled.

"Well, I'll leave you two alone. I've made it so that you cannot step foot out of the clearing. Ill be back to check up on you. Harry, perhaps you'll prefer this Ferona sister better." Bonnie chirped. With one mutter of a word, smoke flew up into the air and she was gone.

I glanced at Grace who was staring at me with an unreadable expression. I took this time to notice her appearance.

She had dark brown hair, longer than Lily's but darker. Her eyes were identical to hers, yet something about them was off to me. They weren't Lily's eyes, that's what.

She looked like an older version of Lily, really, but she just wasn't her. Something about her didn't appeal to me like Lily did.

"Harry, right?" Grace said, clearing her throat. Her voice was higher than Lily's.

"Lord Harry." I corrected, "Harry, is reserved for my best mates and love only."

"Right." Grace muttered, "So, you and Lily? How'd you meet?"

She was one nosy girl.

"That," I glared at her, "is none of your business."

"So she's your blood servant right?" Grace ignored me entirely, "How the heck did you manage to fall in love with your blood servant?"

"I-"

"Oh, right. The curse." Grace said causally. My head snapped up, anger flooding through my veins. My vision became red from anger as I turned my head slowly, a low growl escaping from my lips.

"You'll forget about her you know, soon you'll be 'in love' with me too. I'll teach you how to have some real fun."

I was on my feet in a second, running at Grace. There was a loud crack as her back hit against a tree and she howled in pain. She screamed, her face twisted in agony. Tears were already running down her face as she finally opened her eyes, staring at me.

"I'll kill you." I snarled. But as I stared at her with anger, I couldn't help but stare into her eyes. They looked so much like Lily's that it scared me. I couldn't kill her, not with her looking at me with a replica of Lily's terrified eyes. I took a step back, taking my hands off her reluctantly.

"See, it's the curse. You don't have the guts to kill me, do you? Some part of you knows that killing me is like killing a loved one." Grace said through her tears. Her lips formed a shaky smirk before she sniffled.

I was done. Done with this 'curse'.

"Oh, you'd be surprised." I said darkly. A laugh that I didn't even know I could make escaped from my lips, surprising both myself and her. She started to whimper.

"You wouldn't."

"Oh, I would." Without a second thought, I let my fangs rip into her neck.

[Lily's POV]

I came to a stop, catching my breath. As I leaned onto the closest tree, my legs gave way and I collapsed into a sobbing heap. I tried to cover my loud sobs that wouldn't stop with my hand without much luck.

All this had been a lie.

All those moments, all those times, they'd all been base on fake love. After all we'd been through, this was it.

It hurt, it hurt so much knowing that the person you love doesn't truly love you back. My heart felt as though it had turned to goo.

Let's out a shaky breath, I slowly propped myself up, taking deep breaths. Or I tried to anyway.

The forest was awfully quiet as though it was listening to my cries. Damn you world, damn you witch, damn you life.

My hands were in fists as before I could even process, my fists collided with the nearest tree. Pain shot through my hand but I didn't care. I took anther swing, this time backing away as I heard a crack and blood dripped from my knuckles.

I took another deep breath, my bloody hand shaking as I lifted it up to take another swing.

"Lily, stop!"

A body collided into me, bringing me toppling to the ground. I screamed only to have my mouth covered. I shut my eyes tightly, praying that this wasn't Ethan.

"What do ya think your doing?!?"

At the sound of the familiar Irish accent, I opened my eyes. Niall was holding my wrists, looking at the disapprovingly. I watches as his hands ran over my bloody knuckles. I sighed in relief as his fingers sealed the wounds on my hands.

"Thanks." I muttered, looking up slightly through my hair. I looked behind him, half expecting Harry to be leaning against a tree, shaking his head disapprovingly.

"He's not here. The witch trapped him back there with Grace."

"With Grace." I repeated blankly. I bit my lip, trying not to think of Harry kissing her, moving on from me. After all, if this curse was real then...

"I'm sorry." Niall looked at me with pity that I couldn't stand. I shook him away, standing up. I brushed off my pants, giving myself confident nods. Niall raised an eyebrow as I turned to glance at me.

"C'mon," I rolled my eyes as Niall cocked his head to the side, confused. My hands pressed against the necklace that Harry had gifted me, a weak smile forming on my lips. "Lets go get him out of there."