Chapter Twenty Four

[Lily's POV]

Twenty Four. Twenty Five. Twenty Six. I counted my push ups, my arms feeling as if they were burning. I gritted my teeth together, sucking in air as I went down for push up number twenty seven. My hands were sweaty and they slipped on the training room floor, making me land on my stomach.

It had been a few days since my incident with the mysterious blue liquid. I had taken a few blood tests that were still being studied. I felt fine, honestly. The soreness had gone away entirely. Niall said that nothing seemed to be out of place so it was safe to say that the blue liquid hadn't damaged any organs or parts of the body.

Being cooped up in a hospital all day made me miss exercise. Now I was in the training room, bright and early to train.

Drinking the blue liquid had been a mistake. If it had taken effect, who knows what could have happened! Now an idea popped into my head. I needed to be able to defend myself. The attack that was launched on the kingdom made me realize that. What if we had encountered an enemy vampire? Would I be able to protect Isabelle?

Speaking of Isabelle, I would see her today. For the days that I had been at the hospital, Olivia had been watching her. I didn't quite trust the flirty vampire but she's the only one free to watch her. Caroline was busy helping to prepare the big party that was going to happen in the kingdom this week. I had gotten her an invite.

"Good morning, Ms. Warrior Princess." I jumped, looking over at the door to see Harry leaning against the wall, a smirk on his face. "If you wanted to learn how to fight, you could've just came to me."

"I don't need help." I said, my pride keeping me from asking for his advice. I walked over to the chair in the corner which my water bottle rested on. I opened the top, looking at Harry smugly. He smiled back as we thought of the time when he had fed me his blood and I couldn't open the water bottle.

I took a long sip of my water, the cool liquid running down my throat. As I took a moment to breath, Harry snatched it out of my hands, drinking the rest of it.

"Harry!" I scolded, slapping him on the head. He grinned, placing the water bottle down. I let my hair out of my ponytail, eyeing him as he sat on the chair, his legs crossed. He glanced up at me, a smirk on his face.

"Is there anything you want to ask me?" he said smugly, his eyes expectant.

"Nope." I said, walking right past him. I smiled inwardly, grabbing a punching bag from the other corner, hanging it from the ceiling. It hung just above my face.

One Punch.

Two Punches.

Three Punches.

"Your not doing it right!" Harry interrupted making me narrow my eyes.

"Fine, show me how its done." I stepped aside, crossing my arms. Harry raised his head cockily, smirking before he threw a punch at the punching bag. Instanty the bag split open, the sand in it pouring out. Harry turned to me, covering his mouth in fake surprise.

"Oops too hard." I rolled my eyes at him, pushing past him to set up another punching bag.

"Show off." I muttered under my breath.

When I turned around, I saw Harry standing with two swords in his hands. My hand let go of the punching bag.

"How about some hand to hand combat? It'll be much handier." I couldn't argue with that. I walked up to him, taking it in my hands. The cool metal chilled my hands, and I bit my lip.

"Come at me."

I timidly took my first step, keeping the sword steady. This wasn't fencing but it was close enough. I thrusted my sword towards him, hearing the clank of metal hitting metal as he blocked it easily.

"Find a weak spot." Harry was surprising me by taking this serious. His eyebrows were furrowed as he drew his sword away, letting me plan my next attack. This time I aimed for his heart, knowing that my enemy wouldn't think I would be so direct.

Harry dodged, nodding his head in approval.

"Again."

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

We went on for about thirty more minutes. I attacked, he guarded. He guarded, I attacked. I took this time to admire Harry's movements. They were swift, graceful. He ducked, twisted, step-sided. It was as if it was a fluid dance.

"You did good." Harry said after we were done. I beamed inwardly at his compliment. Outside I kept a cool face, nodding slightly.

"Thanks." A comfortable silence entered between us as we sat against the wall of the training room, my heavy breaths and his were the only things heard.

"Lily?"

"Yeah?"

"I wanted to give you something." I turned to look at Harry, my eyes widening as I watched him take off his necklace. He never took it off. Now, the white paper crane necklace reflected the sunlight off of it which streamed through the windows. He placed it in my hand.

"Harry I can't, this is too important to you-"

"I want you to have it." Harry insisted, shaking his head. He had a soft smile on his face as he looked up. I looked at my palm, the cool necklace sending shivers through me. I looked up at Harry again, who nodded in approval. Slowly, I unclasped the chain of the necklace, bringing it to my neck.

"Allow me." Harry's long fingers brushed against my neck as he brushed the hair out of the way. His breaths were on my back, as he stopped moving, pressing his chest against me. I held my breath, looking ahead. He rested his head on my shoulder sending sparks through me at his touch. His curls tickled my face as his warm lips neared my ear. "All done."

"Thank you."

He pulled away, his arms still wrapped around my waist. I turned my body so I was facing forward, tilting my head to the right to look at his face. His eyes were warm and welcoming, the tips of his lips curling upward.

"Harry-"

"Shh..."

The paper crane rested side by side with the key necklace. The blue jewels shone slightly before dying out. I blinked, making sure if I saw correctly. The blue glow was gone. I had probably just imagined it.

I rested my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes. With his arms still around me, I slowly drifted into a deep slumber.

Harry gave Lily his special necklace! Sorry this chapter was crappy, I rushed through it because it wouldn't flow out right but I guess its not the worst right?

I enjoyed reading all the Lirry comments!:) So glad that you all ship them<3