Chapter Five

[Lily's POV]

Here I was again, in the fancy sports car. Like expected the sports car had comeback, insisting that he gave us a ride to Lord Liam James Payne's place. I had bitterly declined but to my distaste Caroline had quickly agreed.

The sounds of Serine's soft snores echoed through the car. She was finally asleep after the blood of her 'owner' had healed her. The blood was still on the front seat, her hair coated with it too. She whimpered slightly,her hands shaking before she fell back asleep, her peaceful snoring filled the car again.

The driver glared at Serine, his hands tight on the wheel. He suddenly slammed his hand against the front seat. Instantly Serine jolted awake, her eyes wide and afraid.

"Serine baby, did I not tell you about your snoring habbits yesterday?" he said through clenched teeth. Serine nodded quickly, tears already pouring down her face.

"I'm so sorry Sir Carlos Devante I-I can't control how I sleep!" she sobbed. I reached out to comfort her, my hand on her shoulder as I muttered soothing words to her as she wept.

"Don't touch her!" Sir Carlos growled. He slapped my hand away. "She's mine."

Disgusted I reached over to slap him only to be held back by Caroline. She gripped my shoulders tightly, pulling me back against the seat. I glared at her angrily but she just shook her head.

"Your no match for him, Lily." She said softly, making me angrier. Just because I was some human didn't mean-

"I'm hungry. If you'll excuse me I shall eat my lunch." Sir Carlos said bitterly. I watched as he took his hands off the wheel grabbing Serine by her hair. She screamed not bothering to fight against him. I watched in horror as Sir Carlos bit into her neck. Serine sobbed closing her eyes.

"Sir Carlos drinking while driving is illegal. I'm afraid I'll have to report you-and your services won't be needed-pull over." Caroline said stiffly. Sir Carlos pulled away quickly, his eyes wide.

"N-no please no! Don't report me! I don't want to go to prison please!" He pulled over the tires skidding against the gravel. We were in the middle of the forest now as he stopped. It seemed like he was the one sobbing now as we got out of the car .

"No stop!-"

"Please leave or I'll press charges for harassment." Caroline replied. Sir Carlos stiffened in his seat before driving away leaving us in the middle of no where. As soon as he was out of sight Caroline started pacing back and forth her boots crushing leaves under her feet.

"Oh my god, Lord Harry's going to kill me!" Caroline said in distress." We're in the middle of no where now and I haven't even taken you to Lord Liam's place!"

"Caroline calm down-"

"Don't tell me to calm down! There are things in the woods Lily! Wolves!" She cried. She sat on a tree stump starting to cry. There was an awful lot of crying around here. I crossed my arms looking down at her.

"Caroline listen to me-"

"No! Oh my gosh what if they eat us?? I'm just a Ms! I can't defend you or anything and if we both get ripped to shreds-"

"CAROLINE LISTEN TO ME!" I yelled. Instantly she settled down sniffling as she looked up with wide fearful blue eyes. "Wolves? Your a vampire. A big, badass vampire. Remember?"

"Right." Caroline sniffed. "I'm badass."

"Their just wolves-"

"Just wolves?? These are no ordinary wolves Lily! Their scientifically produced! Even knights have trouble defeating them!" she cried. The sun was starting to set as Caroline cried more, "Great just great. They hunt in packs at night!"