Chapter Twenty Seven

WARNING: This chapter is very sad! The majority of people will hate me for this but I promise everything WILL be fixed. I do NOT I repeat, DO NOT want any hate messages or comments about this chapter. Thank you.

Julesx

[Marcel's POV]

She was dead, just like that. Don't cry, don't cry. I kept telling myself over and over. I had betrayed her, I had betrayed everyone.

Lily I'm sorry.

I thought about Jenna, how she would feel right now about this.

Jenna I'm sorry.

I sat silently, listening to the sound of the rain hitting the roof and the sound of Ethan leaving the house. I never wanted this, but I had to. I wasn't brave enough to try to stand up to him- I had no more reason to now that Jenna was....gone.

Don't cry Marcel, don't cry.

So I didn't. I wouldn't let myself cry. Instead I prayed silently, hoping that Ethan would be unsuccessful in killing the lords. Deep inside I knew he would over throw them. They must all be in a frenzy now that Lily is dead.

Don't. Cry.

I stood up, adjusting my glasses on my nose as I sniffled. So many lives lost already and the battle hadn't even begun. I felt ashamed that I was too scared to even stand up for what Jenna believed in, for what my friends believed in.

The rain grew heavier and I knew that the lords had seen. Though I knew that Louis wasn't a big fan of Lily, her death would have surely effected Harry in the worst ways. There for, he would be furious. But even fury wouldn't save them now, for Ethan was coming for them. Thunder struck repeatedly.

Thump. There was some noise that I couldn't identify. I shook it off. It was probably just nerves.

Thump. There it was again. This time it was louder, stronger. I looked around the room, trying to identify what it was.

Thump. Thump. I realized I recognized this sound. It was the sound of a heartbeat. It wasn't my own, for I was a vampire and my heartbeat was slower, weaker. But the only thing or should I say person that would have a heartbeat like that is-

A shaky breath. Then another. I leaped out of my chair, my eyes widening. It couldn't be. It was impossible. This couldn't happen.

But it was. I rushed over to Lily's side just as she opened her eyes. She was alive-but how? She had died just hours ago. I had seen it with my own eyes, heard it with my own pair of ears. Yet somehow she was breathing now and very alive.

"Marcel?" She croaked, her voice cracking. She lifted her head weakly, looking at me through her hair. "I'm dead. I should be dead."

"You should be." I agreed, trying to figure it out. How as she alive-and human? If she had consumed vampire blood, she would have turned into a vampire but her heartbeat remained strong and steady. "I-I don't understand."

"Oh my god. Harry." She suddenly breathed, ignoring me. She struggled against her ropes, her eyes wide. "He thinks I'm dead, he thinks I'm dead!"

"Shh! Ethan can't know that your alive! He'll be back soon!" I covered her mouth with my hand. Though I know he left, he might still have someone guarding the house. I wasn't exactly the most trustworthy vampire around at the moment.