Chapter Thirty

Stop right there!

Before you read I want you to play the video on the side. It's the song called My Love by sia. Then open another tab and type in SimplyRain on google. Click on the one that says rain generator. Once you've got the song and rain going then your all set!

[Lily's POV]

Rain drops. The pitter patter of rain drops. I listened to the steady beat of the droplets hitting the roof as I looked up at the ceiling. Thunder rumbled weakly, defeated. I sighed, closing my eyes again. Pitter patter,pitter patter. The thunder faded away into the distance.

I felt like I was in another world.

I wished I was in another world. I wished that everything was back to the way it used to be. My mothers smile greeting me in the morning, her awkward habit of rubbing her belly where the baby was. My grandmothers stern glare when I did something impolite or bad. Aunt Eva and Isabelle coming to visit, cookies in hand and a carton of milk in the other.

But the truth was, I didn't want everything to change back to the way it used to be.

Had I not gone on that train to the kingdom that day, I never would have met Harry.

Harry.

He was dead, gone just like that. It had been an hour since Niall had explained everything to me. How Isabelle was evacuated with everyone, how the lords were being held hostage. How Harry had died.

I gripped my necklaces tightly, shutting my eyes even tighter. Tears were making their way out of my eye again. I didn't let out a sound, I didn't dare to cry out. Niall was asleep at the moment, exhausted. I took a deep breath in. Nothing would fix my heart which was shattered in pieces. My chest ached for him, his voice calling my name in the breeze.

Harry, I called back desperately. Don't leave me.

Don't leave me.

There was no response as I snuggled deeper into the sheets of the bed. Niall had taken shelter in the witches old house which was now abandoned. It was in the middle of the forest where no one would find us.

Each rain drop made me think of him. His laugh, his hair, his eyes, his smile, his personality, Everything. I could almost imagine him sitting by the bed, his green eyes warm and welcoming. I could see him now, smiling at me, reaching his hand out to me. I reached over to grasp it, only to meet air.

When I blinked he was gone.

He wasn't there anymore, just a figment of my imagination. I sighed deeply, trying to keep my tears from coming out. It was no use, they came out. The soft sound of each tear hitting the bed mingled with the sound of rain.

Don't let me go.

I took a shaky breath in, slowly climbing out of bed. Each bare foot touched the cool hardwood floor as I hung my legs off. I got to my feet, glancing out the window. I could see lightning flashing outside, bright colors of yellow and filling the sky with patterns. I could almost imagine hearing the sizzle of each bolt as they rang out clearly in the sky.

I tore my gaze away, taking a slow step forward. Then another. Each step carrying me closer to him. To Harry.

I walked down the dimly lit hallway, holding up a lit candle that had been on the small table near my bed. The floors creaked under my weight as I stepped towards the room farthest from mine.

Finally, I got to the door.

I stared at it for moments. The dark brown wood was aging, cobwebs on the edges. It was plain yet I was afraid of what was behind it. Even in death, I was afraid to face him. I had failed him, I had let him down. This was my fault- that he was dead. I slowly placed my hand on the cool door knob, sucking in a deep breath.

I turned the knob.

The room was dark, no lights in it. I held my candle up high and the room was now dimly lit. I gulped as I saw a coffin on the left against the wall. There was a bed in the center of the old room, a nightstand next to it. I approached the bed, shaking. The candle shook in my hand and I stopped in my tracks.

There was Harry. He was lying in the bed. He looked peaceful, his lips plump as always and his hair tossled in that cute way that I loved. He looked like he was just simply asleep, so peaceful.

I took a timid step forward before I found myself rushing towards him. I set the candle on the nightstand, dragging the old stool that was beside it closer to the bed. The floor creaked as I sat down, staring down at him.

He looked so perfect right now, so innocent, so happy. I stroked his cheek which was cold and smooth. I looked down, unable to stare at him any longer. My heart was breaking all over again.

"Harry," I started quietly. The rain poured outside. "I have so much I haven't told you."

There was no reply, as expected. I sniffled, whipping away a stray tear and continuing.

"I-I don't know where to start, I guess from the beginning." I let out a shaky laugh, "There's a beginning to every story right?"

"Remember that time when I first came to the kingdom, right from the train? I-I was in so much trouble- I remember thinking that I was going to die. I guess that's a bit over dramatic but it's the truth. Then you came and saved me- that was when I first saw you. When I first met you, I couldn't believe my eyes. You were an angel to me, too perfect to be true."

"I remember thinking, Why did he save me? Why? -And I still wonder to this day. Why save me? What made me different? There were hundreds Harry, hundreds of girls and out of all of them you chose me. What was special about me? 'If a Lord as high ranking as him can show compassion then I believe anyone can'. Perrie told me that, remember her? I don't know if she's dead or alive or where she even is but the one thing I can remember most about her is that."

"At first I thought she was wrong. I mean-you were a vampire. You drank blood to stay alive and killed for the fun of it. I was scared Harry, so scared. You were intimidating after all, with your dark cloths and those deep evergreen eyes of yours." Another shaky laugh, "I didn't think what she said was possible."

"But then I got to know you. Remember that time in the fountain? I wasn't having the best day and you made it better. You showed me that you were a human being, Harry. That you could feel, that you could care. Then that time when you took me to training with you-I enjoyed that by the way."

"You were so strong, so elegant, so graceful. I admired you- I still do. Remember when Ethan attacked me? I thought for the second time in my life that I was truly going to die. But then you, my hero, my savior, my knight-came and saved me once again."

"We went to the hospital- I was hurt. You fed me your blood, remember? It tasted terrible-no offence." I smiled softly at the memory, "-And remember when you saved me from Liam's wolves? When you agreed to save Caroline?"

"Remember when I came in the middle of the night, because I couldn't sleep? You made me feel safe Harry. You sang to me, that beautiful song. What's it called, I'm not sure. It doesn't matter, it was beautiful. Your voice is just as beautiful."

"Then Louis killed my family. That was one of the worst moments of my life. But I realize why he did it-he cares about you Harry- so much. I'll never forgive him for that but you can. He cares so much Harry, they all do."

"You were there for me, I woke up in your arms. Isabelle adores you Harry, she looks up to you. Your so good with children, you never told me that Harry. I'm glad she told me you fancied me, I appreciated that, really. Oh and our first kiss? That was like nothing I'd ever experienced. If it counts for anything, your an amazing kisser." I laughed though I was instantly swallowed back into the land of memories.

"When the castle was under attack, you were so brave. You lacked the numbers but you still fought on-and won. I can't remember being so proud of someone in my life. I'm proud to call you my boyfriend. "

"Ah, and that time I drank the blue liquid. Who knew that it would save my life? You were so worried and I'm sorry for that. I never ment to get you worked up. I also found out you like it when I play with your hair." I reached out, my hands brushing against his curls ever so softly before I pulled away.

"I remember when you gave me your necklace. It was Helena's wasn't it? Harry, I couldn't accept a gift as big as that. It's so special to you that I couldn't bare to take it away. But I have it now don't I? I have a strange feeling that its been protecting me."

"That's why, I want to give you something." I took of my key necklace, putting it around his neck gently. "This Harry, is the key to my heart. You own it, forever and always."

"You know, I'm going to tell you a little secret, promise not to tell?" I leaned closer to him.

"I used to think that the worst thing in the world was to get bitten by a vampire. But now I realized that,"

"The worst thing in the world is to loose you."

"I love you."

I pressed my lips onto his. Desperation, passion. I kissed him hard with everything I had, a final kiss. The last kiss I would share with him, I was going to make it mean something. I closed my eyes, cupping his face with my hands.

Moments pasted by, perhaps minutes. It felt like time itself had stopped for this one moment.

I pulled away, breathing hard. Harry remained un changed, his face still in that same expression. I smiled at him sadly, placing a final kiss on his forehead.

"Goodbye Harry."

It was then that I got up and walked away. Harry may have fallen but I was still here. Ethan was going to pay. I was going to take back the kingdom, even kill him. Fire burned inside of me. All for Harry.

For Harry.

ღღღღღღღღ

It had been hours since Lily had said her final goodbye to Harry. She was now on the move, determined to avenge his death. Never had she felt so vengeful as she did now.

In the distance, the sun rose up in the sky. The rain cleared and the sky cleared. In the witches house in that very same room that Lily had been in all night, something shifted.

A heartbeat.

The rise and fall of a chest.

Slowly his hand grasped the key necklace which hung around his neck. The blue jewels on it flickered to life.

I'm coming Lily.

His eyes flew open.

Harry's alive!