Chapter Nine

[Lily's POV]

"Lord Zayn and King Louis." I curtsied, fear making me sweat slightly, how attractive. I gave them a nervous smile. Though Liam and Niall were friendly, how would these two act? I remember the time when I had seen King Louis on television. I remember the thirst in his eyes for blood, his merciless killing. Now I stood before the king himself.

Lord Zayn on the other hand, scared me to death. I had heard the stories of him, locked away in the lairs of his prison. He could see glimpses of the future. He used this talent to seek out wanted vampires and get them executed. Just the image of him in his dark cave chilled me to the bone.

Lord Zayn nodded to me while King Louis grinned wickedly. He greeted me with a quick kiss on the cheek. I felt the urge to scoot away but I held my ground, smiling at him though my lips twitched a bit. He laughed at my expression, holding a hand out. I took it, trying not to judge so quickly. He seemed alright.

"Fine bird you've got there Harry!" King Louis smiled, patting Harry on the back. Harry tried to hold in a smile though I could see his dimples showing slightly as he looked down, shaking his head.

"She's not my bird." he corrected, shoving King Louis. It was quite affective as he stumbled backwards slightly, bumping into Lord Zayn who seemed uncomfortable. Lord Zayn didn't budge as King Louis slammed into his side. He just rolled his eyes.

"My bad, my bad!" King Louis laughed before tilting his head to the side to look at me. "Lily is it? I'm Louis!"

"It's an honor to meet you, Louis."

"No formal talk! We're all friends here eh?" Louis grinned looking at all of us.

"That's enough Louis, Everyone's waiting inside." Lord Zayn said, gesturing to the dinning room doors. He turned to me shyly, sticking a timid hand out. To make him feel less awkward I took it, smiling brightly at him. "Zayn."

"Lily." I replied.

We all opened the doors, my eyes widening as I saw the gigantic room. At the table the two lords waited, chatting to some girls. I realized that 'some girls' were actually their blood servants. I nearly fainted when I saw a familiar blond laughing with them.

"Perrie?"

I watched as she turned around in her seat. I noticed that she had much more makeup on than on the train and she wore a casual lime green dress with white swirls. Her blue eyes widened, looking back and forth between me and Harry. She grinned at me as I made my over to the table, sitting down in the seat labeled Lily.

"Lily, I knew it was you! Zayn told me a girl named Lily would be here!" So her master was Zayn. Had he gone and taken her home with him after the sales?

"You look great!" I complimented my friend who grinned. I noticed the other lords had taken a seat beside their blood servants including Harry who was chatting with Liam.

"Lily, this is Hannah, my lovely blood servant." A slim blond sat next to him. She was blond and had blue fearful cold eyes. She waved me off before leaning over to talk to Perrie, making it clear that I wasn't allowed to butt in their conversation. My spirits down, I looked over at Niall who smiled at me in apology while Louis watched Hannah with hunger in his eyes that made me re-think my positive opinion on him till I reminded myself that he was a vampire-of course she was his prey! That's what she was here for.

"This is April, my blood servant." Niall spoke out to me. He gestured to the girl sitting next to him who seemed friendly. She was a red-head and her eyes were kind. She smiled at me which I returned.

"I'm Jenna." The girl next to Liam spoke up. She held her head high and proud, her hair in a fish tail braid. "Liam's blood servant."

"Nice to meet you both." I smiled but it fell slightly as Hannah invited them into her conversation with Perrie. Jenna took no notice of my expression and dove right into the conversation while April smiled apologetically before starting to talk to her.

I felt embarrassed that I was the only one not having a conversation with anyone and I awkwardly tugged at the hem of my dress.

"I-I need some fresh air." I stood up quickly, not wanting to be with everyone right now. I opened the doors , slamming them shut before anyone could protest.

Vampire servants who walked down the halls shot me confused looks as I walked.

Sh.t

I have no clue how to go outside. I'd never been in this area of the castle before and let me tell you the castle is huge.

"Just down the stairs if your looking for the exit."

I jumped at the deep voice behind me, relaxing as I recognized it. Turning around my eyes met green ones which searched my gaze.

"Thanks." I turned, ready to walk away till he grabbed my wrist, holding me back.

"Mind if I join you?" Harry asked. He didn't wait for an answer as he let go, making his way down the stairs to my left. I rolled my eyes before I followed him.

As soon as we were outside the cool air hit my face. I breathed it in my body shivering at the temperature change.

I caught up to Harry who sat by the fountain of the front garden. Sitting down next to him I followed his gaze up. He was looking at the stars which were bright tonight.

"I'm sorry about Hannah. Louis likes the mean ones. I suppose he thinks their blood tastes...sassier?" I laughed at his odd conclusion.

"She seems interesting." I remarked thinking of that cold gaze of hers that made me freeze.

"Why'd you storm out? I'm sure Hannah isn't that bad."

"I guess I felt left out. Everyone was talking to someone already- Ive never really been comfortable with strangers I guess. I felt so awkward being the Lone Ranger." I admitted.

"You could've talked to me." Harry said softly. I could feel his soft breaths on me as we discussed tonight's awkward dinner which was just beginning.

"Either way it would have been awkward. I've never been a fan of crowds. " I told him. I sighed, "I guess the nights over for me."

Harry leaned closer making me tingle. His steady breaths could be heard as he smiled. He whispered in my ear,

"The nights just beginning."

Before I even knew what was happening I felt myself falling backward into the freezing water. I didn't even have time to scream before my head sunk underneath the water. Gasping for breath I resurfaced.

Damn, for a fountain this was deep. It was more like a mini pond. The water from above came pouring down on my head making me fall forward back into the water. I could hear Harry's laughs as I fell face forward once again. I resurfaced away from the mini waterfall, gasping from the cold.

"You said you did swimming as a hobby didnt you? That wasn't as elegant as I expected it to be." He teased. I gaped at him before swimming towards him like a shark. Cue the Jaws music.

"I'm so scared! Oh my!-" I grabbed onto Harry's arm pulling him in. I knew he purposely let me pull him in since I'm no match for his supernatural strength.

He went underwater. I looked around the water unable to find him. He couldn't have just dove in and disappeared without a trace! The waters not that deep-

I screamed as I felt arms from behind me, lifting me up. Before I knew it I was sitting on Harrys shoulders as he looked up at me. As always his electric green eyes seemed to glow in the dark.

I attempted to get away from his grip but he laughed, spinning around. I felt the sensation of falling before I landed in the cool water with a splash.

From underwater I opened my eyes to see Harrys ankle. Perfect. I grabbed hold of it, actually catching him by surprise.

He fell backwards just as I swam out of the way. Giggling, I resurfaced just in time to see Harrys head shoot out of the water. His dimples showed as he smiled at me widely. His chocolate colored curls were darker now as he swam closer to me.

"What do you know? Your actually a decent swimmer." He teased. His eyes were light, his walls down once more. That bitterness was gone, replaced by a playful spark.

I gasped in fake shock, widening my eyes.

"Why Thank you! It's a big compliment coming from a lord!" He laughed shaking his head. Water from his wet hair hit my face as he shook his head, "-Though you should watch where you shake your hair."

"My apologies my lady." Harry grinned using formal words. Quicker than a bullet he leaned in to my cheek, swiftly kissing it. I instantly felt hear rise up to my cheeks and my heart pound. He gave me a cheeky smile as butterflies swarmed my stomach and suddenly I was stiff.

"Lord Harry?" I jumped as I heard a voice from the castle doors. We turned to see a man in his twenties standing tall. His dark eyes scanned the two of us.

"What brings you here, Ethan?" Harry asked, his walls back up.

"I just wanted to tell you that Knight Logan won't be at training tomorrow. He consumed some bad blood tonight at a bar."

"That's no problem. He'll have to do double of what he's missed when he's back." Ethan nodded before running off. I noticed that his eyes had been glued on me.

"Who was that?" I asked curiously.

"One of my knights. He's one of my best actually." Harry added as we walked towards the doors.

"Knight?" I asked.

"I'm in charge of the army. I train the knights to fight." he said. Oh, that's right. Each of them are incharge of something.

"What's your power?" I asked. Niall could heal, Liam was extra smart, Zayn could tell the future and god knows what Louis could do.

"I'm stronger than the rest of them. That's the reason why I'm in charge of the fighting. I don't lose." He boasted proudly. I rolled my eyes at his cockiness. "I'll take you to training tomorrow."

Oddly enough excitement flooded through me. I enjoyed rough housing and ressling which I guess is odd for a girl.

"Really?" I asked a bit too excitedly, making him chuckle.

"Promise, warrior princess." I raised my eyebrow at him but didn't say anything. I actually liked my new nickname.

Warrior Princess.

So what did you think? I know that the part at the fountain is cheesy but I find it quite cute:3 Lirry:)