Chapter fifteen

Lilly's POV-

I had decided to come in early once again. With me leaving tomorrow night for Texas I knew I would have to get as much work done at the bakery as possible, and simply delegate the rest. That's why I called my two part timers when I first call in, they would be handling the dining room while I was out. The bakery usually ran with only one person in the kitchen in the weekends unless it was a holiday weekend. So this was nothing new.

But even after I made the plans for the bakery while I was gone. I couldn't help thinking to myself this would be the first weekend I had off since I had opened Sinful Delights. It only took Gabe's asking me to go home with me to get me away.

"Is this shit going to become a daily occurrences?" Bryan yelled as he came into the kitchen. "How are you and what have you done with my best friend?"

I knew Bryan would be surprised to see me so early. This was the third time I had done this in a couple weeks, but what probably stunned him the most was that this was the second time in two days.

"Well you don't have to worry about seeing me bright and early for the next three days." I couldn't help smirking.

"Ha Ha funny. so what are we going to do after work this weekend? You know Margret's going to be spending all her free time with her boo. So that just leaves you and me." Bryan said as he got to work.

"I'm serous Bry. I really wont be here this weekend I'm going to Texas. Gabe has to go home for his mother's surprise birthday party. And it came up last night in conversation that I always wanted to got to a real Honky Tonk." My cheeks heated up remembering how that piece of information came to light.

"Your shitting me right? Your really going to Texas with your Hunky Cowboy neighbor?"

Bryans face was priceless in that moment. "No I'm not shitting you Bry. You and Margret are going to have to hold down the fort while I'm gone."

"What do you mean your wanting to go to a real Honky Tonk came up last night. How dose that come up in conversation?" Bryan asked shaking his head.

"It doesn't come up in a normal conversation. Gabe caught me dancing around my garden with the garden hoes in hand, while I was listening to Cruise by Florida Georgia Line. You know that song right?"

"Unfortunately. You do fore feed us country music on a daily bases. So your telling me the Cowboy got to see your dance moves?" I could tell by the snickering Bryan was barely holding in his full on laughter at me.

"Yes Gabe cought me. Things got a little heated and so on and so fourth he asked me to come home with him so I could go to a real Honky Tonk." I was so exsited about going to Texas.

"Wow. Your sure your not moving to fast Lil?" Bryan asked making a face.

I knew Bryan was just trying to be a good friend, but at this monment I didnt want anyones two cents being put in on my decision. This was trully my decision, and I'm going to Texas with Gabe and Ryan.

"I don't think so Bry. And again you were one of the people who wanted me to have a life outside of the bakery. So now I'm starting to finally have one and your just being a Debby downer. I don't get it. do you not like Gabe or something?" I starred into Bryans eye's. I wanted answers.

"No I like Gabe from what I know about him, And I really am happy for you Lil. Its just I know you, your a very open hearted person. I cant help wanting to stand up for you and make sure your not being taken advantage of." Bryan starred right back at me unwavering in his belief.

"Well I'm glade for your support, and I love the fact that you care so much. But you have to leave me be on this one. I'm comfortable with Gabe, and I want to see were this thing could go before I just shot it down."