04 | terre

0 4

t e r r e

on the ground

The small town of Walden mesmerized Serenity. Her cerulean eyes scanned the place frantically, a wide smile permanent on her face as we headed for the nearest Starbucks. I could only imagine what her facial expression would be like once she met Rosen. That boy was so god damn attractive that he would put male supermodels to shame.

According to my Mom's plans about Serenity staying here, she will live with us for a week. That's when August begins and after that she'll head back to Maine to start school just like me. Even though a week is such a little amount for Serenity and me, I'm still going to cherish every second of it. Not to mention the two of us can explore the town together as I haven't done much exploring yet. All I've seen is the beach, a local bar, the mall and a dance studio. I mean, it's not like I need anything else in my life but it'd still be cool to know where the local high school is as I wouldn't want to get lost and therefore be late on my first day as a senior in a new school.

We arrive at Starbucks about 10 minutes later and luckily, there aren't many people in there at all. I guess not a lot of people come here at 10 a.m. since everyone has either gone to work or still sleeping. For us, it's the perfect time to come because that way we can just enjoy a cup of coffee and talk without having to yell over everyone else.

After ordering two mochas, we sit down at an empty table, Serenity scrolling through her phone for a second.

"So tell me everything about this Rosen guy," Serenity said, taking a sip of her drink and sighing at the incredible taste.

"There isn't much to say, to be honest, I don't know much about him. He's just very quiet, keeps to himself most of the time and spends like all of his free time dancing."

"Do you know why he's so quiet?"

Shrugging, I responded to her, "No idea. A few days ago he mentioned a name Faith and disappeared for a while."

"Wait, is this Faith his girlfriend?" Serenity exclaimed.

"I don't know. He seemed very concerned for her and so did Sven."

"Whoa, whoa, hold on, who's this Sven guy?"

I chuckled, "Rosen's best friend, the super hot and outgoing one, remember?"

Serenity smirked, "Oh, that Sven."

"Yes, that Sven," I laughed. "Wait, how are things with Luke? Did you two go on a date already?"

Serenity shook her head and played with the bracelet wrapped around her wrist, "No, we decided to go on a date after I go back home. Luke is kind of busy right now, as well. He has football practice since the season starts soon again."

Luke is the quarterback of the football team back in my old school. He tried out for the team during freshman year and he managed to get a spot as a halfback on the team. During the end of sophomore year he managed to become the quarterback since he was the best on the team. Also, all the good players graduated that year so he was the only one who qualified for the spot. Plus he had been one of the most valuable players on the team and the coach made him the quarterback. And now, Serenity basically dates him. Talk about a walking cliché.

The door opened, followed by a small ding from the bell above it. Through the door walked Sven, looking like he only got about two minutes of sleep last night; his hair was extremely messy, his eyes were droopy and all over the place, his cheeks were slightly swollen and to top it all off, he had on a pair of sweatpants and a wrinkled top, finished with a pair of gray furry moccasins. Serenity chuckled at the sight, trying to hold herself back from spurting the coffee all over the floor. Sven's gaze flickered to us and for a second he looked embarrassed to be dressed like that. He always had on jeans and a jacket of some sort, you never saw him wearing sweatpants in public and I'm pretty sure he was hoping to not run into any friends of his. Too bad I'm already here.