40 | pas

4 0 

p a s 

step 

"Please welcome the graduating class of 2016!"

My hands are slightly shaking as I walk beside Rosen towards our seats. We've practiced the whole graduation ceremony like 200 times so I don't think anything will go wrong, but knowing me I'll probably slip on the podium while I'm accepting my diploma.

I zone out basically during the entirety of the ceremony. I just hold onto Rosen's hand and caress it lightly, not paying attention to anything else. I'm happy to see that he's graduating this year. Last year he was going through such a rough patch and had to discontinue his studies because of that but now he's here, graduating.

If only his mom, dad, and little brother could see this.

Rosen lifts up my hand and places a kiss on the back of it. He offers me a small smile and I return the smile. I scan the crowd for my mother and Isabella but I can't find either of them. They're probably in the back somewhere, mainly because mom is always late to things like this.

Before I know it, the valedictorian has ended his speech and they're now calling students on stage.

"Saskia Gabriella Cain."

Saskia walks on stage in her white robes, smiling at the audience like crazy, clearly happy to be graduating high school and moving onto better things.

"Graham Jonathan Collins."

Rosen is next.

"Hans Rosen Creed."

I place a kiss on his lips quickly before he stands up and walks towards the stage to claim his diploma. He waves at a few of the people who are cheering for him–mostly Sven is cheering for him–and then walks on stage. He shakes the principal's hand, accepts his diploma and starts walking off the stage.

I frown when he pauses for a second, his eyes flickering to the small microphone that was on stage. This definitely wasn't in the rehearsal part.

He asks the woman standing there something and she nods, stepping aside and letting Rosen stand in front of the microphone.

"I just have to say a few things," Rosen starts speaking. "Most of you bullied me this year because apparently, I was the stupid kid who dropped out during my senior year and now I had to re-do my senior year. None of you even bothered to ask why that happened, but now you know. I lost both of my parents in the span of year and I managed to pull though, deal with the bullying and get into Juilliard with the love of my life beside me while you're all going to community college or some random college so y'all can just suck my gigantic–"He gets pushed aside before he can finish his sentence, everyone growing very quiet.

I chuckle at Rosen's speech. That was one amazing way of telling all the bullies what he thinks of them. When he sits down next to me again, I can feel how his hands are shaking a bit. Clearly, that was a crazy adrenaline rush for him, admitting something like that. I press a kiss onto his cheek and focus on the rest of the ceremony.

❀❀❀❀❀

For once mom wasn't on-call tonight so she organized a dinner for us–by us I mean her, Isabella, me, Rosen, and Sven–to celebrate our graduation. I also have a little graduation present for Rosen so I can present that to him during dinner. Well, it isn't super little and mom is covering half of it, but we'll get to enjoy my present together and that's all that matters.