26 | en pointe

2 6

e n p o i n t e

On pointe. Position of the foot in a pointe (or toe) shoe, in which the dancer stands on the toes. 

It is finally New Year's Eve. Since my mother still hasn't returned, I decided to celebrate the night at my house. I, Isabella, Serenity, Rosen, and Sven are celebrating it together. At least that's what our original plan is. I'm sure at some point we'll also invite Saskia and Imogen as well, maybe even Graham if he doesn't have any other plans.

At some point, I also considered inviting Everett since he technically is a friend as well, but I'm sure things would be awkward, especially if both Imogen and Serenity are here. After all, Everett is a pig who checked out Serenity while Imogen was only a few feet away, and he flirted with me when he was still together with Imogen. So I don't really want to invite a pig over.

Since no one is coming over before like eight p.m. Rosen and I decided we would spend the day preparing for our Chemistry exam and before the celebrations start, we will go and visit Faith as well.

I haven't seen Faith since Christmas and it honestly feels like a few months has passed. Faith is such a lovely woman that if I had more time, I'd spend every day with her. Not to mention that she only has a few months to live and she needs to know how I'm feeling about Rosen. She needs to know that I've fallen in love with her son.

Rosen came to my house around lunch time. He brought sushi with him and his Chemistry stuff so we can start going over everything. I already set up all of my things on the table in the dining room and told Serenity not to disturb us. So that's why Serenity went out with Sven again and told me that she'll be back by seven to help prepare for the night.

Rosen unpacked all of his things onto the table and before we started going over everything, we decided to eat so our stomachs would be full and we wouldn't have to worry about having a break in the middle of studying to eat.

"I told Faith we'll be coming over around five, so that gives us a bit more than three hours to revise. I hope that's okay with you."

I nod my head in response. "Yeah, that's fine with me."

While we eat our sushi I think about our studying plan and how we're going to do this. At some point, I take a look at Rosen, who's too busy eating his sushi to notice me staring at him.

He's so beautiful.

Everything about him is so beautiful that it makes my heart hurt. He didn't bother to do his hair today so his hair is in a messy mop on the top of his head, a few strands falling into his eyes. He has his glasses on once again. I've noticed that he has started to wear his glasses around me a lot more. Usually, Rosen wears his contacts when he's out, but with me, he always chooses to wear his glasses.

"Your glasses make you look really cute," I blurt out, making Rosen look up at me. His cheeks tinge a slightly pink color as the corners of his mouth tug up into the most adorable smile ever.

He swallows the piece of sushi he has in his mouth. "Thank you," he whispers. "I don't usually like wearing them that much."

"Yeah, I've noticed that," I chuckle. "What makes you wear them around me?"

Rosen shrugs. "I guess I just feel so comfortable around you that I don't need to worry about my appearance. I know you won't ever say anything bad so I don't need to hide behind all the fashionable clothes and contact lenses and everything."