12 | brisé

1 2

b r i s é

A jumping beat which allows the dancer to travel in a specified direction

One thing I hate most is being woken up early on the weekends. I don't care if you're having an emergency and need help, you can't just simply wake me up around 10AM, thinking that's okay.

So why is my phone ringing at 10AM with Serenity's name flashing on the screen?

She better have a damn good explanation for waking me up this early or I'll be really pissed at her. Rubbing my eyes, I push myself onto my elbows, feeling all my muscles stretching. I grab my phone and press the answer key, then place my phone to my ear.

"Hello," I groggily answer. "This better be important because you just woke me up."

"Good morning to you too, sunshine," Serenity laughs. "I have important stuff to tell you so you better stop whining and listen."

"Alright, alright."

"Luke and I went on a date last night!" she squeals on the other end of the phone.

My eyes widen at Serenity's sentence, "Wait, what?"

"You heard me," she chuckles. "We went on a date yesterday."

"And? How did it go?"

For the next 40 minutes or so, she tells me every little detail about her date. I have to admit I wasn't really listening to her but I tried my best. According to Serenity she was picked up by Luke around 3PM and they first went to the zoo together and talked. They didn't have any romantic encounters there, just got to know each other more. Later Luke took her to a restaurant and paid for everything Serenity ordered like a true gentleman. To end off the night, they drove to a small cliff area just outside town and watched the sunset together before Luke sent her home and kissed her goodnight - even though it wasn't really night time when Serenity got home.

Hearing Serenity talk about it made me realize just how happy she sounds and that's all that matters to me. Even though I'm the typical best friend and don't want her to ditch me for another boy, she sounds happy and that's all that matters in life. I can't just take away her happiness. Plus we're living so far away from each other and the fact that we still keep in touch is precious to me and I'd rather not lose that.

"So, how are things with Rosen? Have you two done anything romantic?" she asks.

"No, not really," I reply. "He doesn't really show if he's into me so I have no idea what he's feeling. Yes, sometimes he says cute things and blushes around me but that's all I've received from him. I have no idea how he really feels about me."

"Why don't you ask him how he feels?"

"Do you really think I'm brave enough for something like that?" I ask, following my statement with a small chuckle. "I can't even be around him without feeling like I want to drown his face in kisses. He's so gorgeous it makes my heart hurt and all the butterflies are taking over my stomach every time I'm around him."

"Aww," Serenity murmurs. "My little Hazy is in love."

I feel my cheeks reddening at Serenity's statement. Did I like Rosen like that? Do I have feelings for him? I can't even tell anymore as I haven't had feelings for anyone in what seems like forever. Sometimes my thoughts can be really indecipherable and I have a hard time comprehending them.