06 | soutenu

0 6

s o u t e n u

rising to demi-pointe while simultaneously drawing the gesture foot into fifth

If you have a sibling I'm pretty sure you can relate to me when I say they're either the best or worst part of your life. For example, my sister is awesome sometimes but most of the time she's just a pain in the butt and keeps embarrassing me in front of people.

So believe me when I say that when my mother suggested the two of us go on a road trip together for three nights, I wasn't that excited about it.

"Oh, come on, girls, it'll be fun," She exclaims, taking another fork-full of her pancakes. "You get to spend some time together before you go back to school again. Bella, your sister might be moving across the country next summer and you won't see her for a long time."

"That's what I'm most excited about," Bella murmurs under her breathe. "I'm tired of her behaving like a second mother. I understand that dad died a while ago and she wants to make this family more stable, but her behaving like that won't make a difference. To be honest, it makes me wanna hang myself."

A sigh escapes past my mother's lips, "Isabella, that's not a nice thing to say about your sister. The two of you are going on this road trip together."

"Hell no!" Isabella exclaims once more. "I can't stand being in the same place with her for more than an hour."

"Then invite some or your friends or suck it up."

"I don't have any friends here," Bella rolls her eyes, and then proceeds to look at me. "But you can invite your gorgeous friend Sven with us. I wouldn't mind being in his presence for three nights."

"Bella, no dirty thoughts."

I shrug, "I don't know if he wants to come. Then I'd have to ask Rosen as well, and Saskia since she's amazing."

"I don't want your other friends there," Isabella groans. "I just need Sven to be there and that's it."

"You do know that he would never be interested in you, right?"

Bella scoffs, crossing her arms over her chest, "And you think he'd be interested in you?"

I let out a laugh, "I don't want him to be interested in me."

"Girls, stop arguing!" Mom yells. "Bella, Hazel will invite her friends if she wants to. She's the one who's gonna be driving. You can invite friends too if you want to."

"Fine," Bella groans, pushing her chair away from her table so she could stand up. "Just so you'd know, I'm never doing something like this again." With those words, she heads upstairs, leaving Mom and me sitting behind the table.

Mom lets out a sigh and runs her hands through her hair, "She's such a pain in the butt sometimes," she chuckles. "I'm glad you're being the bigger person here."

"That's the least I could do since she's always such a brat."

"Hazel," mom rolls her eyes at me. "Don't call your sister a brat."

"What?" I chuckle. "You know it's true."

❀❀❀❀❀

My afternoon passed in a blur. Saskia, Sven and Rosen all agreed to come on the road trip with my sister after some convincing on my part. Rosen was a little hesitant at first but in the end, he pulled through and decided to come, as he wanted to get away before school starts as well. He kept mentioning something about not being here when there's an emergency but I didn't question him about it, I just want him to come along with us.