28 | la seconde

2 8

l a s e c o n d e

to the side (second position)

I stared at Rosen for what seemed like hours. Maybe even days. For even a second I considered the possibility that I misheard him, when in reality I heard exactly what he said.

A part of me wanted to run away. I felt like throwing up right there in front of me. But I can't deny the fact that this is all that I've been waiting for ever since I started talking to Rosen. I'm pretty sure from day one I knew that I wanted to get to know him more, to unravel every layer of him and find out all the small details that he's hiding.

I guess this is his way of showing that I'm allowed to do that now. He's opening up to me. Although he has opened up to me a lot, about his past, about his beliefs, about his family, it still feels like there's something missing. Something that I haven't found out about him.

I just can't put my finger on it and say what it exactly is.

One day that part of him will just crash through his walls and take on the world like a untameable force. Before that happens, I want to know what I'm dealing with. I have to find out every small aspect of his personality that he has hidden in the deepest crevasses of himself.

Rosen waves his hand in front of my face. "Haze, you there? Or are you in another universe?"

I shake all the previous thoughts out of my head and focus on this moment only. I look at Rosen and see him walking towards me, his gym bag on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm right here," I tell him as I grab my clothes to change them before leaving.

"And? What's your answer?" He chuckles. "Although I already know the answer I want to hear it coming from your lips."

I giggle. "Of course I'll be your girlfriend."

A bright smile accessorises Rosen's face. "Knew it. Five brownie points to me."

I give Rosen a quick kiss on the lips. "I'll get changed and then we can go see Faith."

"Alright, sweet. I'll wait here." He tells me as I run off towards the change rooms. I look at myself in the mirror and notice how my face is shining, mainly because of the hard workout I just had. Wiping my face dry with the back of my hand I get changed and fold Rosen's clothes neatly in a pile before going back to him.

I hand him back the clothes and he places them inside his bag. After that we exit the dance studio, Rosen holding my hand and grinning at nothing. He places his things in the backseat as we get inside the car and head towards the hospital.

We enter Faith's room, our fingers laced together. When Faith sees us, she almost screams because of happiness.

"Hey, guys!" she greets us. "You'll never believe what the doctor told me."

Rosen's eyes widen. "What did he tell you?"

"He said I'm getting better and I'm allowed out today, I get to come and spend time with you two for a while."

"That's amazing!" I tell her as I go in for a hug. Faith hugs me tightly and rubs my back, looking like she's about to cry. Honestly I would be just as happy if I was her. She's struggling with cancer but her condition has been so much better that they're letting her out for a while. She's finally fighting against the sickness and that's all I wanted to see.