13 | en dehors

1 3

e n d e h o r s

outward

I'm pretty sure I've been living off of ramen noodles for like a week now.

Why you might ask?

Well, why not.

Somehow I managed to get sick and since neither my mother nor my sister is home all day to cook me warm chicken soup I have to turn to the next best thing, which just happens to be ramen. Rosen has been a total gem and bringing me all the homework I've needed. He gets me the assignments from the classes we have together and Saskia usually brings the rest, unless they make a deal that one of them will pick up everything. Either way I see at least one of them every day, which is pretty good for my mental health, considering if I were to be home alone all the time without any human interaction, I'd probably go insane.

Thanksgiving break is only like two weeks away so that means I'm closer to freedom. I've already talked to Mom about Rosen spending the holidays with us and looks like she has nothing against that so Rosen is going to join us for Thanksgiving dinner. I feel like that's the best thing to do as his mother is in the hospital and I don't want him to be all alone. That would just be inhumane, plus Thanksgiving is a great excuse to spend more time with him without it being too weird.

Now that I'm sick we haven't been able to practice that much, which is slightly stressful as well. I mean, we still have like three or four months before the auditions, but we haven't even mastered the second half of the routine. We still have to find time to make it completely perfect so there wouldn't be a single mistake or otherwise our dancer careers might be over.

Sven has talked about coming back To Walden for Thanksgiving break but he hasn't confirmed anything. He said his break is too short so it would be kind of pointless if he came back for only three days or so but both Rosen and me have been calling him non stop, in hopes that he'll come. We both miss him a lot and it would feel kind of weird to celebrate Thanksgiving without him. Even though I haven't known him for that long, I still want to spend the holidays with him. Luckily he's definitely coming back for Christmas and New Years so even if we don't see him in November, he'll be back soon, which is a good thing.

Just thinking about going back to school on Monday made me want to pull my hair out. I'm a pretty good student but I still don't want to spend seven hours in hell. I know we're going to be doing a project in Chemistry class and I'm low-key praying that I get paired with Rosen. I know when the school year started I got paired with Rosen when the teacher said we'll have the same lab partners for the entire year, but I've also heard some rumours that the teacher wants to create other pairs for an upcoming lab project. Knowing my luck I'll probably get paired with Everett or that douche Jareth who I don't really like that much.

As I got ready on Monday, I received a text from Rosen saying he'll pick me up and we'll go to school together. And after school we'll hopefully practice dancing together and then maybe go out to eat or something like that. Rosen has been a lot more open around me, which is a great thing. He's still very mysterious though. I mean I know facts about his life but I don't know all the little details that I'd like to know. And since I'm a very impatient person I want to know everything at once, I can't just wait to hear little details. I have to find out everything at once.

Once I've finished my breakfast, I hear a car honk from outside - Rosen has arrived. Grabbing my bag, I yell goodbye to my mother and head outside. From the door I can see that Rosen has stepped out of the car and walked to the passenger's side. As I get closer to him, he takes a few steps closer and pulls me in for a hug, tightening his arms around my shoulders as I stand there awkwardly, my arms dangling on either side of me.