16 | en dedans

1 6

e n d e d a n s

inward 

I stare at the phone, my heart picking up speed with every passing second. I can't really hear anything that Saskia is saying, as all I can hear is a buzzing noise in my ears. I feel my hands turning into jelly, the phone instantaneously slipping out of my hands and hitting the floor with a loud noise.

"This has to be some sort of a joke." I mumble, making Saskia look at me with a confused face. She proceeds to stare at the phone after grabbing it from the floor. About a thousand emotions run across Saskia's face, most of them indecipherable, albeit the following expressions were clearly comprehendible: confusion, admiration, excitement, uncertainty.

"This certainly isn't a joke," Saskia asseverates. "Rosen definitely loves impromptu declarations of admiration once he has managed to escape past his nonchalance."

I rub my forehead slightly. "That's nonsensical."

"You just have to stop looking so perplexed, find the boy and then make the hazardous move of casually making out with him." Saskia suggests. "That task doesn't sound super strenuous so you can do it."

Looking down at my attire, I turn my attention back towards Saskia. "I can't just go out looking like this. I'll scare him away with my homeless person look."

"Fine, come with me," Saskia announces. She grabs my hand tightly in hers as we stride towards her room. Momentarily she starts rummaging through her drawers, trying to find something cute yet elegant for me to wear. Out of nowhere, another issue appears in my brain.

"If I go and meet him now, won't it look like I don't have a sense of propriety? I mean, nice girls don't hang out on the streets this late at night."

"Haze, it's like 10 p.m. only, it's not late." Saskia sardonically replies. She throws a cute floral printed dress at me and a black leather jacket with some black ankle boots that have glitter all over them. "Get dressed and I'll apply some makeup on your face as well and make your hair look all shiny and nice and then you're going to meet your prince in shining armor."

"How will I even find him?" I ask as I'm heading towards the bathroom. Saskia looks flustered after that question but I decide to ignore it.

As soon as I exit out of the bathroom, a sense of consternation appears. Saskia is already sitting by her vanity table, rummaging through her drawers and placing various items of make-up onto the table in front of her. I sit down on the small chair as she slowly starts working her magic.

I feel my anxiety heightening just thinking about seeing Rosen. I can't exactly say if his tweet is about me or not, but deep down I was praying with every cell in my body that he meant that about me. Just knowing that I might have a chance with him was good enough enough for me and if nothing happens between the two of us, then that's just how things are supposed to go. Every situation follows their natural course in life and if mine and Rosen's life courses don't follow each other then that's just how things are supposed to be. I can't force someone to love me or be with me and I'm just going to have to accept that fact.

After about 30 minutes of Saskia dabbing and applying random products onto my face, I'm finally done. As I get a final look at myself in the mirror, I feel slightly more confident.

"Rosen's in the dance studio. Go and surprise him."

Taking in Saskia's advice I step out of the door and head to my car. As I sit inside the car and start the engine, I head towards the dance studio. My hands are getting clammier by the second as I grip onto the steering wheel, praying I don't cause an accident because I'm so nervous.