24 | beats

2 4

b e a t s

To hit the legs together, moving in and out of fifth position in the air.

We met with Sven and Serenity in the bowling alley.

Rosen and me are already inside, when Sven and Serenity come strolling in, huge grins on their faces as they're talking to each others, standing very close to one another, Serenity practically hanging onto Sven's shoulder like a lovesick puppy.

"Hey." The two of them greet us and Serenity walks over to me to pull me in for a bone crushing hug, while Sven and Rosen do their bro handshake.

"Did you already pay for a lane?" Sven asks Rosen, who shakes his head. Considering we just walked in about two minutes ago, we didn't have time to pay for a lane and get everything organized. Sven just nodded his head and headed over to the cashier to pay for us all, while the three of us went to pick out our shoes that were lined up in shelves on the opposite side of the room.

"So, what did you two do today?" Serenity asks me.

"Isabella went on a date with Graham so the two of us went to the amusement park as well since Isabella wanted me to keep an eye out for her," I tell her. "But since everything was going well we totally ditched them to come hang out with you two."

Serenity chuckles. "Isabella is a big girl, I'm sure she can take care of herself."

"That's what I said to her as well," I respond. "But she was so anxious and scared that I went with her just in case. Rosen and me basically had to spy on them from the bushes because Isabella didn't want Graham to find out that we're there. Apparently that way she can figure out what his real intentions are and if he wants to have sex with her or not."

Serenity snorted. "Why would he want to have sex with her?"

Shrugging, I respond. "I don't know. Guys are horny."

After I say that sentence I hear Rosen chuckling next to me, his eyes glistening with amusement. "Not all guys are like that, you know," he states. "Some of us are after something more valuable than sex."

"Well yeah, some aren't like that."

When Sven joins us we wait for him to change his shoes as well and then we heard to our lane. After entering our names, the game begins. I haven't gone bowling in what seems like forever so I already know I'm going to lose.

Sven and Rosen a probably pros. Guys are always better at bowling somehow. At least back home in Maine whenever we went bowling in large groups, the guys were always better and the girls lost. I guess it's some sort of a Murphy's law or something.

"Haze, your turn," Serenity yells after she makes her shot. She got seven points which is pretty good in my opinion.

"Get ready to see skill," I announce as I stand up. "And by skill I mean look at me not hitting a single pin."

The guys laugh as I grab a ball and take a deep breath before walking up to the lane and firing at the target. I keep my eyes focused on the ball, in hopes that'll help with me getting a strike. I chuckle when the ball slowly moves off the lane.

Rosen claps for me. "Good job, sweet."

He never really calls me by any sappy nicknames so just him calling me 'sweet' made my heart tingle a little bit. Honestly I can feel my feelings for him growing every day and I can't tell if I'm still just crushing on him or if I'm slowly starting to fall in love with him.