21 | demi

2 1

d e m i

half

Today is the day of our audition.

Stating that I'm nervous is an understatement. I'm so nervous I think I'm going to puke. All I could think about during the day is that I'm going to fail and I'll ruin Rosen's chances of getting into Juilliard. He has dreamt about this moment for so long and it's also up to me not to ruin things.

It's pretty early in the morning right now and our audition isn't until noon. We also have to drive down to Miami so it's best if we leave early in case something happens. As I'm too nervous to drive on my own, Rosen came over early in the morning to help calm me down and that way we could drive together.

To calm myself down I brew myself a cup of chamomile tea and fill my cup up to the brim, before adding sugar and stirring everything. Sitting down on the bar stool behind the kitchen island I take a sip of my drink, careful not to burn myself.

My eyes flicker down to Rosen's leg when I see it shaking slightly. Looking up I see Rosen scrolling on his phone, his hands trembling slightly. Haphazardly he runs a hand through his hair, trying to comb back his messy mop using his fingers.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, making Rosen snap his head towards me.

Pushing his glasses up on the bridge of his nose he nods his head. "Yeah, everything is fine. Why do you think something is wrong? Nothing's wrong. I'm peachy."

I raise my eyebrow at Rosen as the corner of my mouth tugs up into a tiny smile. Rosen is freaking out right now and it's so obvious. I chuckle at him. "I'd believe you if you didn't stutter after every word and shake your leg like crazy."

The planes of Rosen's cheeks tint a vibrant red color as he looks down at his phone, trying to cover up the fact that he's almost embarrassed to be scared about the audition. I place a comforting hand on his shoulder and give it a little rub.

"Hey, it's okay," I tell him. "I'm nervous as hell too. I'm scared that I'll mess up something and sabotage our chances of getting in. Your future is literally in my hands right now and I promise you I'll give the dance 150% of my energy to make sure it's perfect. Today is the start of our next chapter in life. We will succeed and we will be dancing in Juilliard in fall. Nothing will come in our way today. It's just you and me–showing everybody what we're capable of and how we're a force to not be reckoned with."

Rosen smiles at me. "Thank you for all the positivity. You're like a little ball of confidence and positivity and I really appreciate it right now. I needed to hear exactly that."

"No problem." I reply truthfully.

Once I finished my tea, I grab my dancing outfit from upstairs. Since our dance is mostly contemporary I don't have to wear shoes as I'll be barefoot. My dress is a vibrant red color with a flowing skirt part that comes down to about mid-thigh. The upper part is tight against my skin and has two cut out on either side of my waist, accentuating my curves a tiny bit more. Rosen's outfit just consisted of a black pair of pants and he will stay shirtless. I honestly don't mind ogling at his body the entire time. I'm completely okay with that.

With everything set and ready the two of us hit the road as we sat into Rosen's car. The drive was about an hour and a half so it doesn't sound too bad. On the way there Rosen made a quick stop at the grocery store where we both got ourselves a drink and a light snack.