17 | fondu

1 7

f o n d u

"melted" A slow demi-plié of the stance limb, bringing the gesture limb into cou-de-pied, followed by simultaneous extending of both knees to end in dèveloppé or tondu as specified.

I've always thought the probability of Rosen asking me out on a date is slim to none. Actually, I've always thought the probability of anyone asking me out on a date is slim to none. There's nothing that likeable about me and I'd rather not force a person to sit in a restaurant with me as I choose the same exact food every time and constantly remind them that I don't know what to talk about and that they should tell me about themselves instead. I just find dates extremely frightening and I get anxious just thinking about going on a date.

So when the following Saturday Rosen asked me on a date, I was completely flabbergasted by his question.

At first, I didn't know what to say.

What do I even say in a situation like this?

On the outside I'm trying to keep a calm and collected demeanor, but on the inside I'm completely freaking out, jumping up and down in my brain and doing cartwheels in every direction.

"So will you join me for dinner tonight?" Rosen asks once more as he starts stretching his muscles. I stand there, a nonchalant expression on my face, pretending to think about his offer when in my mind I already knew the answer to his question.

I finally reply. "Sure, I'll come and have dinner with you tonight."

Rosen nods his head. I don't know if he's just that cool and calm about this situation–unlike me–or if he really just doesn't care that much about a silly little date. I know he has probably gone on hundreds of dates but this little act of romance is making my non-existent heart tingle with all kinds of feelings that I can't really explain.

"I'll come and pick you up around 7:30p.m so don't be late." he says as he grabs his bag and gets ready to leave the studio. Since I want to practice more today, Rosen gave me the keys to the studio and just told me to hand the keys to the receptionist lady downstairs once I'm done. "Make sure you wear something pretty, oh and I hope you like Italian food," Rosen yells from the door and within seconds his disappears.

I turn on the music to mask my screams and once the music starts, I scream on the top of my lungs, jumping up and down in the studio, twerking in every direction and just doing all kinds of crazy things that a normal teenager would do once asked on a date.

I'm going on a date with Rosen Creed.

Take that, Isabella.

❀❀❀❀❀

That same night I invite both Saskia and Imogen over to my house. Saskia is a good asset in this situation since she is the ex-girlfriend of Rosen so she knows what Rosen likes and maybe that way we can figure out what Italian restaurant he's taking me to. And Imogen has a great eye for style and everything that goes with fashion so I'm sure if she picks out my clothing, I'm definitely going to look better than if I was to get ready by myself.

"What did Rosen say about the location?" Saskia asks as she sits down on my bed while Imogen starts rummaging through my closet. She picks out a lot of different outfits and sets them down on the bed, making sure to color co-ordinate everything together.

"He said he's taking me to an Italian restaurant but that's it," I reply. "I don't know if I'm supposed to dress casual or fancy."

"Hmm, so there are two Italian restaurants in town–Gianni's and La Forchetta," Saskia starts as she grabs her phone to do some research on her phone. "Both of them are on the fancier side so I'm guessing you should wear a dress, a skirt or a jumpsuit of some sort. Definitely jewellery and high heels as well. Rosen likes if girls dress femininely on dates."