11 | frappé

1 1

f r a p p é

a rapid striking ricochet of the gesture foot

The restaurant is fancier than I expected.

According to Sven we're supposed to go to a nice restaurant that serves Italian food and that's it.

But no.

Here I am, standing in front of a restaurant where the table cloths probably cost more than my entire room. I didn't even know that there are restaurants like this in Walden. It seems like such a small town, why must they open expensive restaurants here. Following the boys inside, I notice a man standing right next to the door, typing something on his computer.

"Reservation for Sven Rock."

The man looks at us, his eyes flicker to me and for a second it seems like he has a look of disgust on his face because of the dress I'm wearing. My dress definitely wasn't fancy or super high quality but I didn't know we're coming here. Otherwise I would've pulled on the most expensive dress I could find.

The man led us to a booth on the right side of the restaurant. The whole atmosphere seemed way too romantic and the fact that I'm here with two guys didn't leave a good impression on everyone else. Sitting down, we're immediately handed the menus.

"Good evening, my name is Michael and I'll be your waiter tonight. Would you guys like something to drink to get you started?"

"Yeah, I'd like a glass of red wine," Sven says as the waiter jots down his order. Rosen and me both ask for a glass of water for now.

For most of the evening, we didn't talk about anything specific. Our conversations were random and we just talked about whatever came to mind. There wasn't a single conversation topic that had any significance or was that important, until Sven brought up the topic I've been dreading to hear about ever since I found out he's going to college in New York City.

"Guys, I'm leaving in two weeks," Sven softly says. "My classes start on September 5th so I'll be leaving in the beginning of September to get settled in nicely."

"I can't believe you're leaving me behind," Rosen groans.

"Hey, you two will be joining me in New York next fall when the two of you get into Juilliard."

"You really think we'll both get in?" I ask, chuckling.

"You two are extremely talented, they'll be stupid not to accept you."

"Hazel's the talented one," Rosen comments. "I'm just average."

"Shut up," Sven deadpans. "You both are amazing, I've seen you two dancing together. It's like magic."

I feel myself blushing for a weird reason, "You're just saying that because you're our friend."

Sven rolls his eyes at me, "Trust me, you two look amazing together; on and off the dance floor."

"Thanks," I mutter, feeling a blush creeping onto my cheeks.

❀❀❀❀❀

I didn't see Rosen for a while after the dinner. He was too occupied with family problems and therefore he didn't have time for me, which is totally understandable. I understand that family is his number one priority and I don't have a problem with that until he's honest with me about it. As much as I want him to open up to me more about his family, for example his mother and the rest of his family, I also understand that he doesn't trust me that much yet and he doesn't want to burden me with his problems. Besides, it would be a lot better if he opened up to me at his own pace, I don't want him to force him into anything.