Chapter 2: teasing

"And this is Grayson" said Jake, uncomfortably. He looks awkwardly to the side, as if introducing me to Grayson Would Be the worst thing to do in the world.

"Hi" I smile. He stares at me and doesn't smile back. Rude.

Maybe he doesn't like to smile. I should talk to him. He can't Be that rude. I take a step towards him and reach my hand out. He stares at it, frowing.

" Hi ?" His voice is low and he has a American accent. He frowns while saying this.

"Well I can see you have good- manners" I snap, taken aback by his cold gesture.

He rolls his eyes of annoyance.

"Sorry, my brother isn't really social." Ethan tries to apoligize for his twin.

"Yeah, they're twins tho" says Bethany.

"Oh, shit didn't realize. Thought they were triplets" I exclaim sarcastically. Sarcasm is a bad habit of mine. She must certainly hate me right now. Great Charlotte. Great attempt at making yourself new friends.

Ethan and Jake smirk while Bethany frowns during a second but quickly softens her eyes. My roomie talks with his friends and I decide to leave. I stand up
and stretch quickly my arms.

"I'm just going to finish settling down. Bye" I wave at them, turning around.

" wait-" a low voice speaks up, making me turn around. Grayson just talked.

"Yeah ?"

"Amelia, bring me a glass of water please" smirks Grayson, clearly trying to piss me off. I could see the irony in his eyes. He was clearly making fun of me, trying to annoy me. It had annoyed me for sure but I can play that game too.

" What's your name, again? Martin right ? You should get your glass yourself. " I smile politely. I debate whether I should give him indications and directions about how to properly fill a glass of water in order to piss him more off but I decide against it as he shoots me a glare.

"Grayson." he corrects.

"That's what I said, Mario. " I tempt him.

Jake, Ethan and Bethany laugh, clearly amused by our fight, while I feel Grayson glaring at me. I could see the corner of his lips almost lifting into a smile but he stops himself and looks down shaking his head and rolling his eyes. I couldn't tell with what emotion he was looking at me. Anger? Probably.

I want to stay with him. Just to piss him more off since I hate people like him. However, I decide to leave the room. I have to get ready for my first day at this great university. I finally walk to my room and prepare everything. I can only hope that it's going to go well.

°°°

My alarm wakes me up from my platonic sleep. I've gotten enough rest, I went to bed very early. I strech my arms and make myself ready for the day.

After an hour, I walk into the living room, seeing Jake completely dressed up and ready. It shocks me, he left the house the moment I started dozing off .

"Ready?" he questions, his blue eyes sparkling. He's wearing a white t-shirt with classy black pants.

"Yeah"

°°°
It was very warm so we decided to walk and it took less than 15 minutes. He promised me he would walk me to WDC every day until I memorize the path.

When we arrive, I look at the amazing campus. The size is intimidating and the area is filled with people. So many people are there, talking, laughing and even crying. A girl's holding her mom in her arms crying soflty. Some groups are laughing at some guy telling a joke.

I look once again at the monument. It looks even better than on the brochures. Or maybe i'm just too excited and it makes me see nothing but the bright sides.

" What's your class ?"

I look at the papers, i've been mailed yesterday and tell him. He nods and tells me he'll walk me to my class. He is so kind.

"Have a Nice class Charlotte" he reveals his dimpled smile, pulling me into a side hug.

"Thank you Jake"

I sit towards the front and after a few minutes, the class starts filling itself with people and I see a person walking backwards while talking so his friends. She's walking towards me. When she bumps into me she turns around and frowns. She is petite with ice cold blue eyes and her hair is a mix of brown and blondd and it's pretty long. Next to her, is a cute boy with slicked back, hair. He looks adorable.

"What are you doing here ?" asks the girl.

" I'm learning how to drive. Heard that was very instructive in WDC" I answer, sarcastically. She rolls her eyes, reminding me of Grayson. Her boyfriend, next to her, laughs.

"You're probably new here...listen honey, this is my seat." her sentence seems sweet but the harshness of her voice makes her loose her credibility.

"Haven't seen your name written on it"

"But it is my seat"

"Not anymore, honey."

She frowns, acting utterly surprised, and sits next to me after rolling her eyes again. What a Bitch.

°°°
The day went by pretty quickly and i'm trying to call Jake to tell him i'm heading home. Since he doesn't respond, I text him.

When I arrive in my room, I let myself Fall on the bed and dial Matt's number. He doesn't respond. While debating whetever I should leave him at least 20 texts message, telling him that I miss him or not, I hear the Bell ring. I walk to the door and open it.

Surprise, surprise.

Grayson.

"What are you doing here ?" he asks.

"I live hear, goddamn it." I respond. People have this bad habit of asking me this question. Why does everyone hate me?

He rolls his eyes. The bitchy blond girl of this morning and him could do a perfect duo. The "we fucking hate Charlotte for no reason" crew could be lit. He enters the living room.

"What are you doing here? Jake isn't home and I doubt you came here to see me."

"Well I absolutly didn't come for you. Jake told me to meet him at his. Ethan was taking to long so I left without him" he responds sternly.

I hear my phone ring. Its ringtone is "With that by Young thug". Obviously, i'm into rap music. Grayson frowns, with curiosity clear in his eyes. I glance down at my phone, where Jake's name popped up. I respond.

"Hello ? Charlotte? Just wanted to tell you that Grayson and Ethan will come over real quick, but we'll Be gone when I arrive home"

"Yeah, Grayson's already here"

"Oh..."

"Don't worry we can spend a few minutes without killing each other" I smile, eyeing Grayson.

Grayson takes the phone and says "We can still try" which makes me smirk.

"Great. Would you like to come ? We'll go to a party and I promise we'll Be back early." questions Jake.

"She won't come, she's too busy doing her homework" says Grayson laughing. I roll my eyes at him. I take that as a challenge.

"I'll come" I respond, to piss Grayson off. Such a jerk.