Chapter 32: Worse thing

I was walking in the corridors, heading to lunch. I didn't see Grayson this morning and I already miss him. I can't stop replaying what had happened yesterday and it just seem surreal.

I'm happy I got to talk to Sofía this morning. We skyped and I told her everything. She was being dramatic, like usually and we had a good laugh.

My thoughts are cut by my phone ringing.I step in the cafeteria, pressing my phone on my ear after pressing «accept» without looking at the ID caller. I look around and see Grayson eating with his friends. Ashley is sitting on someone's lap and that somoene isn't Thomas.

What the fuck.

"Hello ? Charlotte" speaks up a familiar person, through the phone. Matt.

"M-matt !! Oh my god" I sutter.

"Ha..Yeah..it's been a long time we haven't talked.."

"S-sorry ! I'm just so busy, honestly..I-"

"It's okay, beautiful. Just wanted to tell you something..."

"C-can you tell me later ? I really have to go" I cut him.

"uh..Yeah..bye Charlotte, I love you"

"Bye Matt" I respond before hanging up. I'm so close of tearing up right now. I can't believe that. I can't believe that this is happening. I'm officaly cheating on my boyfriend. I'm having a secret affair with a Guy that has anger issues while Matt is still out there trusting me and thinking that I love him. He never deserved that. He doesn't deserve that. I'm so sick. I need to tell him that it's over. It needs to stop.

I realize that i'm slightly trembling and Grayson is staring at me, frowning. He's about to get up but I run away, to get rid of him. I can't talk to him, right now.

I run in the corridors and am about to walk in the girl's bathroom as I hear sobs in the men bathroom. They're as quiet as possible but I can hear them. I hesitate a second before stepping in. As soon as I enter, I gaze at the person that is sitting on the floor with his head in his hands and a bottle of liquor next to him.

Oh, no.

"Thomas ?" I ask, running towards him and sitting next to him. He looks up to me, with his wet eyes. He looks so sad and he had obviously cried, "you were right. Go ahead, make fun of me. I don't care!" he yells.

I caress his cheek, "I won't Thomas. Tell me what happened"

He looks up to me, "tell me what happened with you first" he fires back.

"what ?"

"it seems like you were about to cry..You look sad or something.."

" I'll tell you if you tell me first" I respond.

He nods and drinks a bit before starting, "Ashley admitted that I wasn't her first time and then broke up with me. After all the shit i've done for her ! She's breaking up with me for a dude that's ugly as hell ! And you were right, her first times was with Grayson and she claimed that She only wanted to have experience before doing it with me!! I hate her! I can't stand her ! I loved her ! And I still fucking do !" he yells.

"i'm so sorry Thom' "

He hands me the bottle and I drink a bit, "Your turn."

"Matt called me and told me he loved me and i'm having a type of secret affair with Grayson. I'm basically cheating on someone that's so innocent and great"

"what makes Grayson so fucking special ? You do realize that you're cheating on Matt the way Ashley cheated on me, right ?"

"n-no Thomas. She only wanted sex with him...I Fell for him after doing my best to not admit it. I Fell so hard for him and I think this is a big mistake that i'm willing to do. It's not a one night thing. I love his laugh, his eyes, his hair..the way he talks, the way he opens up. It's so much more than apparence. It's...it's..."