Chapter Two

A week later...

"Good evening, Korea!" I uttered those two words as I made my way out of Incheon Airport. I was greeted by Korea's cool wind, making me let out a relaxing sigh. I headed to the apartment that I rented to leave my luggage. It was a small and modern one, with white walls paired with wood for a little accent and a semi-Tumblr-ish theme.

I went out to buy food to eat for my dinner. I decided to walk instead of getting a cab. Being thrifty was on the top of my list.

"Wow, the streets are so lively. This place is daebak."

I also learned a few Korean phrases during the plane ride to Korea. Hopefully I can fully learn the Hangeul during my stay here.

Cute dresses, makeup, and street food – wow, I just can't wait to get inside each of those stores soon! Everybody were on their best OOTD's showcasing Korean fashion while I on the other hand was on my airport fashion.

For my first meal in Korea, I decided to try tteokbokki. I knew that it was one of their 'must try' dishes. "Can I have a serving of this please? Gomawo." My first bite was heavenly, it tasted so good! It was quite spicy but still tolerable. A thumbs up for this dish! I devoured one full serving of it in just a matter of 2 minutes. This is one thing I love about traveling, it makes you hungry.

After getting so full, I decided to go back to my apartment to rest. I got tired from all the traveling. On my way back, I came across the famous SM Ent. Building.

I've heard of this building before from my K-pop lover friends. According to them, it was the 'home' of famous Korean groups and is one of the top three biggest entertainment agencies in Korea. One fact about me, I was never interested of K-pop but,

I didn't hate it.

Being a curious monkey, I came closer to the building thinking of what it feels like to be inside it, what the people inside are doing and if by any chance, I might just see a Korean idol.

But instead of spotting an idol, I saw a notice just near the building's entrance.

"NOW HIRING: MAKEUP ARTIST AND STYLIST. If you're interested, please feel free to visit us inside our building between 10AM-7PM and apply. Thank you and have a nice day."

I read it again.

"NOW HIRING: MAKEUP ARTIST AND STYLIST. If you're interested, please feel free to visit us inside our building between 10AM-7PM and apply. Thank you and have a nice day."

"They're looking for a makeup artist? Hmmm, working for a K-pop idol ain't that bad, right?"

---                                                                                                                        

"What a beautiful morning it is here in Korea!" There was still a feeling of exhaustion from yesterday's trip but knowing that I was in a different place, it didn't matter. My first agenda was the job hiring in SM's building. I didn't pressure myself to really get the job. I just wanted to try it out.

We don't know right?

I headed directly to SM's building after I had a sumptuous breakfast from a restaurant nearby my apartment. As I entered the building, I headed directly to its lobby. SM was unexpectedly huge. It was a modern building with shades of pink, grey and white.

"Hello, good morning. I'm here to apply as a makeup artist and a stylist." The very accommodating staff led me to a room. She told me to wait for someone who was looking for a new makeup artist. "Okay, thank you." She smiled at me. I'm getting excited!

I sat on a chair across the desk. I was inside a huge office with with grey walls and black-colored interiors. There were pictures of a group of boys whom I assume was a boy group. I never knew a single member, seriously.

A man wearing a white polo shirt with slacks entered the room.

He was around in his 40s. "Hello, ma'am. I am Mark Seo. I am the manager of EXO."

Who? EXO? I know they're singers but I never knew the members.

"I heard you were looking for a new makeup artist and stylist. I'm here to apply." I replied. "Yes, we are. Each of the members have their own makeup artists. Unfortunately, one of the members' makeup artist left because of family matters. You'll be replacing her so there's a possibility that you'll be working here permanently soon... if you won't leave this job of course." He laughed.

I replied, "Okay." I gave the manager my biggest smile.

"May I ask what your age is and about what you do for a living aside from being a makeup artist?"

"Oh, I'm 23 years old, an incoming fourth year medical student from the Philippines."

"You are? That's good. And you're from the Philippines? I heard they have nice beaches there. If you have a portfolio or pictures of your work, may I see it?"

"Yes, I do. Back home, I accept clients who want their makeup done by me and I style clients during photo shoots too." I explained it to the manager while showing him pictures of my clients that I have made up and styled. He seemed impressed.

"Wow! I'm impressed with your makeup and styling skills. It's hard to balance Med school, makeup and styling at the same time! I assume you're quite good at handling pressure right? Because of course, in the industry, we cannot avoid unexpected retouch or wardrobe malfunctions a few minutes before they perform."

Errr, should I say yes?

"Yes, I can handle that."

"Being EXO's manager, I also have some rules that you must follow. First rule," Here we go with the rules.

"Always be on time. I'm very meticulous about time. Your work starts early and it usually ends late. It depends on their schedule." I nodded in response.

"Second, always greet the people you bump in to, the staffs and artists. And third..." There was still a short pause before he continued to speak.

"I totally disagree if you try to date any member of EXO, especially the person you'll be working for. It might affect the members' image."

That's easy. That won't happen. I've never had a boyfriend.

"I guess we're done here. Thank you so much for applying, I appreciate it. You're now accepted for the job." I smiled. "You'll start working tomorrow. I must see you at the lobby,6AM SHARP." He said it with emphasis. "I don't want you late on your first day."

"Thank you sir. I will come on time."

The manager stood up, I did too. We shook hands. The manager opened the door and before he could leave, I asked him,

"Excuse me sir, may I know the person who I will be working for?"

The manager faced me,

"He's the voice of EXO..."

"His name is Chanyeol – Chanyeol Park."

I don't know him but still, I smiled at Mr. Seo as if I know who that guy is.

See you, Mr. Chanyeol Park.