Chapter Five

I woke up earlier than I expected. It was 5:26 in the morning. I decided to grab coffee in a nearby coffee shop. I need to warm myself up with a cup of latte before preparing for EXO's broadcast.

There were a few people walking, taking pictures of the buildings, couples walking hand in hand, and shop owners preparing to open their stores. The streets were so peaceful with the cold wind hugging my body. It was nice to spend time for myself before another hectic schedule starts.

I went inside this small coffee shop called Coffee Tales. Surprisingly, the place was full. One table with two chairs was the only space left so I quickly ordered my drink before someone else could get the table.

I was already about to put my things on my chair when a guy wearing a cap and mask suddenly sat on the other chair.

"Hey! I got this table first!" I said.

He replied but he was just looking down the chair, "Sorry, but I took a seat first!" He has a point but still!

"Listen. I was the first one here and I want to be alone. Can you ple-"

Wait. I recognize this guy. I know this guy! He's...

"Chanyeol?!"

"Irene?!" He replied with a shocked expression on his face.

I lowered my voice, "What are you doing here? Aren't you worried that your people might recognize you?!"

Chan lowered his head. Without a doubt, I took a seat with Chan who was sitting on the other side of the table. "You're getting yourself in trouble." I said.

He replied, "I thought this was the perfect time for me to feel freedom,"

He said while looking at the big glass window. Our short commotion changed to a different atmosphere.

"I had been busy these days that I hadn't had time for myself. I sometimes want to feel normal too, you know. Living without fame, walking peacefully on the streets, going out with my family – I miss those times too."

A feeling of sadness hit me.

A lot of people must have though about how relaxing it is being on the industry - people looking after you, people appreciating your work, people working for you, people loving you. All those scenes are the things we see in front of the camera.

But if we try to dig deeper and understand about how their job really works, it's the total opposite. They get separated from there families, they practice until they satisfy the 'higher ranked' people, they can't eat what they want to, and even their careers get damaged if they enter in to relationships with the opposite gender.

It must have really been so hard for him to cope up with everything lately. I suddenly felt like helping him that moment to enjoy and feel normal. I felt sad for him,

"I'm sorry, Chan."

He denied, "No. I'm fine."

I took a sip of my coffee and noticed that he was looking at me. I looked at him and he immediately looked away.

After 5 minutes of awkward silence, I asked him,

"By the way, are you okay now? Did you take the medicine I bought you?"

I was quite worried about him the day before. He was sick yet he was still working hard to give his fans a good performance. Hardworking Chan.

"Yes, I did. Thank you for the food and medicine by the way." Chan, gave me a shy smile. I remembered his Instagram post.

"So, where are you from?" he asked comfortably.