Chapter Twelve

It was time for us to go back to the city the next day. I was tired from yesterday's activities but anyways, I gotta'move my butt off from this comfortable bed. Everyone had a sumptuous breakfast before we hit the road. I was getting food on the buffet counter when Chanyeol arrived.

"Irene, I'm so sorry. I won't do it again."I didn't mind him. I just continued on getting my food. "Irene, I'm so sorry." I don't know if he was trying to be cute or apologetic.

He was quite leaning his head down to see my reaction. Some of his members passed by us, "Aigoo! They're having a lovers' quarrel!" Chan and I didn't mind them. We were being serious... I guess. I went to look for an empty table to seat. He was following behind me.

"Irene. Again, I'm so sorry." He sounded serious this time. I thought for a while. Should I forgive him now?

What he did last night was quite disappointing since I was so tired then he tried to pull a prank on me I can tell turned out to be successful. I must have looked funny but that just shows how much I care for him as a friend.

"Fine. Just don't do that again, okay? That wasn't funny." He had a smile on his face.

I had no choice but to forgive him or else working with him in the next few days would be so awkward or he might fire me and besides, there's this part in my heart that couldn't afford to get mad at him for a long period of time.

Our closeness wasn't affected by the incident. In fact, it made us even closer. This is one thing I noticed about (any) relationship; some relationships get better after their first misunderstanding. Maybe because both parties are making efforts for that certain incident to not happen again.

We would still hangout sometimes and eat tteokbokki late night on street stalls after his dance practice. By the way, EXO has been so busy these days because of our their comeback. They had been working so hard everyday to create a new music concept for their fans.

Despite their solo activities, they always try to make a way to spend time together in their music studio to share their thoughts about their fans, hoping to meet their expectations.

They are expected to finish all the preparations in a few months.

There was this time when Chan and I didn't see each other for a week because he had no broadcasts or shows because they were busy preparing for their comeback. I, on the other hand didn't just stay in my apartment for the whole I week.

A month ago, other opportunities started coming to me. Two magazines contacted me saying they wanted to feature me on their next issue being one of the rising makeup artists in Korea. There was also this popular beauty show in Seoul who wanted me to appear on their show for an episode regarding beauty and makeup. It excites me knowing that I get to share my ideas and talent through makeup.

I texted my parents regarding my upcoming features and they were surprised.

"Really? I never thought you were good in applying makeup. Hehe." My dad joked.

Yes, I myself couldn't even believe that I quite had the skills in doing makeup. Especially that I don't really wear makeup that much but like applying it to others instead. I also told the news to my friends and I couldn't explain the happiness for the support they gave me despite of the fact that I had been really inactive towards them because of my work but thankfully they understand it.

I also told Chan about it. At first, I was really hesitant to tell the news to him but I swallowed my pride and texted him.

"Big ears. Two magazines and a beauty show just invited me for a feature this week!!! I'm so excited!!!" This is how I text when I get too excited.

"You're starting to make your own name in the industry and that's good! But I'm more excited to seeing you next week!!!"

I'm used to Chan texting this way to me. To tell you frankly, I don't really know what's the real score between us. We didn't confess to each other or something AND I'm not even sure if I like him.

I guess this just shows how comfortable we are with each other now. :)

---

I had a magazine shoot and the beauty show guesting that day. I was really excited to work with other people aside from the SME people. I was such in a great mood that I even cooked breakfast for myself! I rarely cook food on my own because of work. I prepared myself an omelet, some fresh fruits and milk.

Yes, milk. Fruits taste better when they're paired with milk.

After I finished preparing, I took a cab on the way to the studio where the photo shoot will happen. Speaking of my Korean skills, it has already improved. I already learned Korean enough for me to make a normal conversation. The location was 15 minutes away from my apartment. I was amazed to see a new sight, a street that I've never been to. Before I headed inside the studio, I went to a nearby pizza shop to order food for everybody.

The studio was located in a small, modern building surrounded by coffee shops, fashion stores, and restaurants. I even spotted a team filming something which I assume was a K-Drama. I could see Kim Woo Bin and Suzy from a far.

I headed inside the building. As expected, it was so modern and cozy. Ann, one of the editors, immediately approached and greeted me.

"Ms. Irene! Nice to meet you. We're excited to work with you today." I could see that she was ecstatic with the idea of what's going to happen today and that includes me.

"Hi! I'm so excited too. Thank you for inviting me by the way." I said while being shy.

The scene of cameras, scattered things, bright lights and busy people setting up was something not new to me.

But the thought of me being the reason why everyone is setting up is a first. And by the way, this is the first time after years that someone else is going to prepare an entire look for me!

This is really exciting.

Before we started, everyone was gathered for me to meet and to get to know the whole staff. I didn't expect them to be a lot but there were around 20 people working on the shoot. I was introduced to the makeup artists, stylists, the organizers of the shoot, the editor of the magazine, the photographers and some other employees. They welcomed me warmly that I didn't know how to respond to them but one thing for sure, I always did 90 degree-bows to everyone.

We had three layouts to shoot in the studio, an all white-themed layout, a sexy-but-conservative layout, and an awards-night themed layout. So we did fashion layouts that fit well to be shot in the studio. While the our outdoor photo shoot had two layouts, a boyish style layout and a girl-next-door look.

At first, I had a quite a hard time adjusting myself. It was my first time to have a photo shoot and it was a little awkward to pose in front of the camera while fifteen plus people watch you closely.

"Give me more of that smile Irene."

"Yes, like that! Good."

"You're doing great! Excellent!"

After merely six minutes, I finally adapted the environment. I became more comfortable and suddenly the studio became cheerful and happy which shook away my awkwardness. I would continuously pose (thanks to the music also!) while the photographer does his job too. I would experimentally do poses with the props given to me. Makeup artists would also rush in to me to do retouches and stylists to check my outfit.

"Thank you." I whispered to Suzy, one of the two makeup artists during the shoot.

"No problem. Just enjoy this day since it is your day!" She happily responded.

I like how the team was very kind and encouraging. They didn't make me feel like a heavy luggage in their studio. Instead, they encouraged me to work well during the shoot.

I hope more opportunities like this will come to me even after it's time for me to leave Korea.