Chapter Nineteen

The stars were twinkling and the moon was shining. The cold wind hugged my tiny body throughout the night.

It was refreshing.

We were both quiet as we laid down on the grass, feeling so relaxed. It was the first time I laid down on the grass with a boy. I mean, alone with a boy.

"I know what you're thinking." Says Chanyeol.

I looked at him, confused. "It's my first time too," he looked at me and continued, "My first time to do this with a girl."

We both laughed. I felt embarrassed in some way.

Then I asked him, "Seriously?"

He proudly replied, "Yes! It's because I've never had a girlfriend before. Maybe because I'm not that handsome." He teased himself.

"You look good. Look at all those girls coming after you! They're getting crazy." He laughed at the thought. We looked at the sky again, both giving a sigh.

"So you never really liked a girl before? Because if it is, that would be too impossible, Park Chanyeol." I asked.

"No. I never said that I never liked a girl. What I meant was I never HAD a girlfriend before." He put emphasis to the word 'had'.

Okay, okay. Chill bro.

He continued, "I remember having a crush on this girl back when I was around seven years old. Hmmm, I think she was just a year younger than me." I listened to him carefully.

"She was so cute. I could remember protecting her from other boys who tried to bully her. She was such a cry baby."

A smiled formed from his lips. I never imagined that the girl he liked back then was almost the same as a me, a bullied cry baby.

"Everyday, I always look forward to play with her in the afternoon. Sometimes, because of so much excitement to see her, my mother would scold me because I won't take a nap!"

Well, until now, you can see that he has been a stubborn child. I laughed silently about his stubborn attitude but he heard me.

"It's true! That's how much I liked her." I went back being serious, kind of.

I managed to ask him, "But where is she now? Aren't you guys communicating or what?"

His face suddenly changed form being excited to being sad. "My parents wanted us to go back here. I needed to leave her even if I didn't really want to. As a seven year old, I didn't understand much about why we needed to go back here. I was still too young to understand about my family here and our business. I tried to force my parents that we stay and live there permanently but of course, I just tried. I had a hard time adjusting when we got back here. I kept on thinking about her.

Everyday, I would ask my mom to bring her here so that I've got someone to play with. She was the only 'real' friend I knew and had. Time flew and I found new friends. They didn't act as her replacements. I was still able to enjoy my childhood without her." He paused for a while.

"And unfortunately, I don't know where she is right now. The only thing I know is that when I look at the stars, she is looking right there too."

Exactly just like my childhood story.

"I wonder how she's doing. I hope no one tries to bully her anymore and I hope that she grew up as a strong and independent woman. Until now, I'm still looking for her.

Fate must be working on it. I just want to fulfill my promise of seeing her again." I could see hope in his eyes.

"You will soon, Chan. She'll surely be proud of how successful you are right now." I know what it feels like wanting to see someone again so bad.  I wanted to encourage him that he'll soon find her.