Chapter Twenty-Eight

Errors ahead! 

It was already an hour after the concert. The coliseum was already in its aftermath situation. Most of the fans were already out of the concert venue yet there were still some fans who stayed inside. They took pictures since EXO's logo was displayed on the LED wall and probably talked about how the concert went. Some were just sitting - recovering from the nine creatures that they saw.

I, on the other hand, sat in a white plastic chair that near the backstage's entrance. I was left there while my co-residents already left an hour ago. I decided to stay since Chanyeol wanted to meet me after the concert. 

I took off my vest and fixed myself to look at least 'presentable' in front of him. 

Enthusiasm was all over me but I can't deny the fact that a little part of me didn't want to talk talk him. Maybe because I feel guilty and embarrassed of what I did.

I waited for another hour. The arena started to look bare. There were no fans left inside the arena and some of the staffs were already removing the lights, extended stage, and stage props.

I didn't want to go inside their waiting area because I know they are probably resting, talking to the members, or maybe filming some behind the scenes footage for their documentary. I tried to remember the things that they do after their performances to make myself at ease while waiting for Chan.

My phone vibrated. I quickly grabbed it, hoping that it was a text from Chanyeol or even from the staff's saying the he's looking for me but I knew it's pretty impossible to happen. 

It was who Rose texted me.

Hey Irene! Woah, I didn't expect their concert to be fun! I wanted to marry the shortest member. It was D.O. right? He's so handsome! Can you-

"Ah!" 

I jumped out of my seat as I felt someone poke my waist. It startled me. I was about to get mad - with all the emotions and exhaustion I felt that day - but the moment I looked at behind me, it was Chanyeol with his arms crossed, trying not to laugh with the about-to-get-mad expression I had on my face. 

He looks so handsome with his black hair pushed back and properly polished. He wore a comfortable white shirt, a pair of jeans and a pair of white sneakers. As expected of Chanyeol, he couldn't control his laughter and gave out a loud laugh. I did too, but mine was an embarrassed laugh. I miss this. 

"I'm sorry for making you wait." Chan said while wiping off some tears from his eyes.

"Naaah, no worries. I know how hectic it is backstage." 

We were now standing awkwardly in front of each other. About five seconds passed, he spoke.

"Let's go up there. Game?" He said pointing to the general admission seating area with a sweet smile.

He was waiting for me. I didn't respond immediately but I just looked at the GA area. 

"Hmmmmm," It is going to be a long flight of stairs! I thought.

"Do you want me to carry you all the way up there?" He asked, he seems so excited.

"No! You don't need to!" I immediately responded. "Then let's go!" This guy looks like he didn't have a concert earlier. He never runs out of energy.

I let him go first while I just followed him behind. We conversed while going up. "When are you guys going home?" I asked.

"Our flight's going to be at 6 in the morning." There was sadness in his tone. I checked my watch, it's already 11:10 in the evening. 

How I wished they could stay longer. 

We looked for a nice seat and little did we know, we were already at the center and at top most area of the general admission seating. It is so funny to think that I was hesitant on going up the the general admission's area but it turns out, I became picky of where we'd sit.

We finally found a nice spot, took a sit, and gave out a relieved sigh. 

"Sorry for being so picky with where we would sit." I said quite embarrassed. He was looking towards the stage, "You must be very tired by now."

"Nah. It is never tiring when I'm with you." then he looked at me with his big eyes and sweet smile. Damn it! Park Chanyeol, you're melting my heart!

"How does it feel like performing on a big stage with so much people watching you?" I suddenly became curious of how it feels being onstage with a big crowd.

"Hmmm," he looked at the stage with his arms crossed, "It feels surreal. Especially with the amount of people who continuously support you. Despite of how tiring the preparation and the actual concert is, you'd feel so blessed."

Our conversation continued. He tried to show something funny on his phone, them doing the Korean spicy noodle challenge during their stop before Manila. As expected, out of the nine of them, D.O. was the one who had zero expression during the whole video. He showed me a few more funny videos not minding that we were already sitting close each other, his other arm on my shoulder. 

We laughed so hard that we could almost create echoes around the crowd-less arena. It was like three years of not seeing each other was nothing.

"Irene. I want to try Filipino street food. Come with me?" Chan suddenly blurted out after we finished a couple of videos.

"Filipino street food? How about your manager? Will he allow you to go around? I'm worried for your safety too."

"I actually told our manager in advance that I'd be going out with someone after the concert." He gave me a wink. "Please?"

I broke out the stares and looked at the stage again. I was hesitant of accompanying him into trying Filipino street food. I'm too scared for his safety, I can't protect him. And his body might not take the food, giving him stomach pains that might hamper him to perform for their next stop.

"I rented a car and I really want to be with you. It has been three years..."

He stood up, he looked at me and offered his hand.

"Please?" 

His eyes were really convincing. A hint of sadness can be seen. 

Exactly, it has been three years. I was busy, he was busy too. And yet this opportunity of seeing each other again wasn't something we both expected. 

I looked at him. 

I reached out for his hand...

A smile both formed on our face. Kinilig ako teh.

---

FINALLY!!! Another update. Sorry for the errors. Congrats EXO for their first daesang for POWER! Congrats to the Exo-ls as well!