Chapter Twenty-Three

"You're leaving tonight?"

I slowly turned around like a kid who was caught stealing cookies from a jar. I was shocked to see Mr. Soo Man choosing food from the buffet just behind me. He had a grin plastered on his face. Hearing his voice still gave me fright from what happened yesterday.

"Go-good evening Mr. Lee Soo Man."  I immediately greeted him and did a 90-degree bow. 

"You're looking good tonight, Ms. Irene. I guess you're trying to steal Chanyeol's attention. Am I right?" He raised an eyebrow. "No sir. I have no such intentions for tonight." I defended.

"Well, your efforts would only be a waste. I had been observing you since the moment you came inside the ballroom. Your eyes kept on roaming around the place. I suppose you're looking for him right?" I lowered my head. Yes, it's true. I was looking for him the whole time.

"Perfect timing. There he is." Mr. Soo Man looked at the entrance of the ballroom behind me. He was true. Chanyeol just arrived in the venue. 

For a split second, our eyes met. He looked amazing and stunning as usual. He wore a black suit and his hair was cleanly polished. He smiled at me, and I did the same too completely forgetting that Mr. Soo Man was just standing behind me. He walked confidently towards my direction. Chanyeol looked amazing like there was light shining around him as he walks. 

My heart fluttered until he walked past me. Mr. Soo Man had seen my reaction as Chanyeol went straight ahead me. Mr. Soo Man was gave a short laugh. I felt defeated.

"Have a safe flight, Irene." Mr. Soo Man said before he went to his table.

I was left in the buffet area, holding my plate full of food, frozen and numb. As much as how I wanted to run into Chanyeol, who was sitting peacefully with his members, I can't or else I'll be in big trouble once again, putting the company at stake.

---

It was already 10pm. The second part of the event continued and the remaining SME artists performed. I saw Chanyeol stand up to prepare for his collaboration with Jonghyun while I on the other hand felt the urge to go to the bathroom. I exited the big glass doors of the ballroom.
After doing what I needed to do, I looked at myself on the mirror. 

I missed him after having zero communication with each other ever since the incident happened. I felt like crying for no reason until I glanced at my watch. Sht. I'm supposed to leave the event at 11pm or else I'll miss my flight back home. I rushed outside the comfort room while texting Rhea that I'll be leaving.

I still need to get my things. Go to the apartment. Change clothes. Hail a cab. And travel for at least an hour to arrive at the airport. 

It was already 10:27 in the evening when I headed to the entrance of the lobby. 

In the long hallways of the hotel, from afar, I saw a tall man outside the ballroom standing in the middle wearing a black suit. I couldn't recognize his face since he was looking down onto something he was holding. 

As I was getting nearer to the man, I slowly started to realize that it was Chanyeol. There was no one else outside the hallways that time since some of the hotel staffs were also enjoying the show. I thought that it would be a nice opportunity to go near him.

But what he was holding stopped me from going near him. I was only 5 steps away from him when he slowly looked up to me. 

He was holding two polaroid pictures.

Two polaroid pictures.

Wha... What?!