CHAPTER FIVE.

(Lea's Pov)

My hands shook as I stared at the picture in pure shock and admiration. 

Eric Miller.

I found his name to be. It's unbelievable how things ended up to be. 

Yes - I said yes.

And he too, said yes.

I had secretly prayed and hoped that he would decline, because I for one, couldn't. Well, unless I wanted to be murdered by my parents. But to my complete surprise, he said yes. Just one simple word that managed to change my life. 

My breathing picked up as I eyed the photograph of him. The photograph Pattie had handed me to take a look at days before. However, the photograph that I now look at.

His sharp jawline stuck out the most. It was a simple photo of him. He was wearing a pristine, navy blue suit, a white dress shirt underneath and a black tie. His hair was styled back, his eyes showed no emotion and his heart-shaped lips were in a slight smile. He looked emotionless. 

I wonder about what my reaction may have been if I did take a look at the picture before yesterday's' event. Would I be surprised? Would I be embarrassed? Would I try my hardest to back out of this? Who knew.

Although, I don't regret not taking a look at the picture. For some strange reason, a small part of me is rather relaxed and strangely content with what's going on. That part of me must be crazy. I bit my bottom lip, staring at the photograph.

He's the definition of handsome - beautiful, even. 

I just wondered why he would say yes to someone like me?

---

It was later that day when the doorbell rang. I was occupied reading another chapter of Romeo and Juliet, enjoying their forbidden romance tale. I was in my grey sweats and a grey hoodie to go along with it. My hair was in a ponytail and I was relaxed.

It was just a peaceful afternoon.

A gentle knock sounded on my door and I got up, opening it. My eyes widened in surprise as my eyes met with person behind the door.

"Ms Vanessa? Mind me asking, but what are you doing here?" I questioned in surprise, trying my hardest to sound polite. She let out a small chuckle.

"I'm here to speak with you. Can I come in?" She smiled. I nodded, still in surprise, opening the door wider for her to step inside. I closed the door behind me, leaning against it and let out a small breath.

Well, there goes my so-called peaceful afternoon.

"You've got a lovely room." She complimented, but I knew she was just saying that to be nice. Nevertheless, I thanked her.

"I see you're reading Romeo and Juliet, it's one of my favorites." She commented, picking up the book to examine it. 

"Oh, really? I always hear people saying how much of a great book it is and I thought I'd give it a chance." I replied, still leaning against the door. She smiled with a gentle nod, placing the book back on my bed.

"So...you're probably confused to as why I'm here, am I right?" She said, cutting right to the chase. I nodded, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well, since both you and my son have agreed to marry one another - I wanted to get to know you. After all, you are engaged." She said happily. I blinked repeatedly, trying to let her words sink in.

Engaged? But we're not even engaged! Unless you call that little agreement last night him proposing!

"I know you're probably wondering why on earth he hasn't gotten down onto one knee and asked for you to marry him...but my son...he's just different" She sighed, biting down on her lip. I nodded in understanding, even though I didn't fully understand.