CHAPTER FORTY.

Song For Chapter: Bed Of Lies By Nick Minaj

"They say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone. They say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn. But there was something that I should've asked all along. I'm a ask on the song."

(Lea's Pov)

A week had passed by and I slowly settled down in Vanessa and Jeremy's house. They were always so friendly and welcoming. Vanessa had continued to pamper me, always fulfilling my wants and needs. I could tell she was really excited about this pregnancy.

I was also thankful for the fact she hadn't asked if I had told Eric the big news. Because, if I'm being honest - I wasn't planning on it. 

He had moved on his with life and I needed to let him go. Telling him I was carrying his children, would only hold him back. 

I shook off my thoughts, looking up at the ceiling. My eyes fluttered closed and I was planning on taking a nap, until I heard a soft knock sound on the door.

"Lea," I heard the familiar sweet voice call. 

"Come in, Ma." I replied, clearing my throat afterwards. She stepped inside, closing the door behind her. I sat up, smiling at her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't interrupt you, did I?" She frowned, placing a hand over her heart. I shook my head, chuckling.

"No, I was just resting." I mumbled. 

"Did you need something?" I asked, watching her grow shifty when I said that. My brows furrowed.

"Actually, dear...I'm going to Eric's engagement party." She said the last two words with frown. I felt my heart twist. 

"Oh...I, uh - have fun." I managed to get out, my words a jumble of stutters. Vanessa sighed, stepping forward and taking a seat on the edge of the bed. She reached out, taking ahold of my hands in hers.

"What's wrong?" I softly asked, frowning.

"Honestly, I'm not at all happy with his decision. Who he's choosing to spend the rest of his life with...she's just not right for him. You are, Lea." She frowned. 

"I'm sorry, Ma. B-But the sad truth is - I'm not the one for him. He's moved on for the better, Ma. He...he's found the one he wanted in the first place and I just want him to be happy." I choked out, truthfully. Although, it hurt greatly to say so.

"Okay," She sighed, shaking her head. I half-smiled, thankful she was dropping the subject. She cleared her throat and stood up.

"Jeremy and I will be leaving in an hour or two. Will you be alright by yourself?" She questioned in concern. I shot her a reassuring smile.

"I'll be fine, Ma."

She frowned, narrowing her brows and squinting her eyes at me.

"Actually, you know what?" She started. I arched a brow.

"You're coming with us." She declared.

"But, Ma...I don't think that's a good idea. He wouldn't -"

"- You're coming, Lea and that's final. I'm not going to leave you at home, especially in this state."

I bit back a comment of objection when seeing Vanessa give me a look.

This couldn't end well...

---

(Eric's Pov)

"E, don't you think this would be perfect for the wedding?"