CHAPTER NINE.

(Lea's Pov)

A week had passed by since Eric and I's, argument. I had settled down in one of the guestrooms, salvaging the beautiful, large bedroom. But strangely enough, I still missed my old room. My days and nights were spent lifeless. I finished all the books belonging to the library, and was left with nothing to do.

Eric and I both tried our best to avoid one another - well, I sure tried. Every single night I waited for him to leave the house for work and that's when I woke up. I felt strange, a feeling I can't seem to place. Homesick, maybe.

I guess you could call it that.

I missed Mary, of course. And surprisingly, my mother too - but never my father. Not after the way he had treated me my entire life.

I was brought back into reality when I felt my bladder grow full. I groaned, pushing off the comforter and drowsily made my way into the bathroom. I had found out that this guestroom had a bathroom, which was indeed helpful.

It was a Saturday morning, I was planning on heading out to the library and catching up on work, as well as filling Mrs Smith in about everything that had been going on in my life. She was the only person I could really confide in. 

When I had taken care of my hygiene, I stepped back into my room and grabbed a hold of the silk, white robe I had found in my closet.

Yes, my closet.

Vanessa had took it upon herself to buy a whole life load of expensive clothing. From Gucci to Chanel - all of it. However, I stuck to my own simple clothes. It didn't feel right wearing clothes not meant for me.

I slipped on the slippers and made my way downstairs, a yawn leaving my lips. My eyes widened when hearing the sound of two muffled voices talking.

"I'm fine, Ma." Eric's raspy voice whined. I bit down on my bottom lip, contemplating on whether to return back up stairs, but couldn't when I ended up stepping on a creaky stair board, catching both of their attention.

Great.

"Lea, honey!" Vanessa's chirpy voice said, coming towards me. I smiled brightly, walking down the rest of the few steps.

"Hi, Ma." I quietly greeted, and for some strange reason I felt myself grow emotional. I don't know what it was, but I guess I just missed talking to Vanessa.

"How have you been?" She softly asked, placing her hands on my shoulders. I forced a smile.

"Good, how about yourself?" 

"I've been fine." She smiled. I returned it.

"Have you eaten breakfast yet?" She asked. 

"Uh, no...I just woke up."  I mumbled, playing with the sleeves of the silk, night robe. A large grin spread across her lips and she took ahold of my hand, tugging me into the kitchen.

"That's perfect, you can help me prepare breakfast for both you and Eric." She announced happily, already washing her hands and rolling up her top's sleeves. I mimicked her actions and poured myself a glass of water to drink.

"Alright. Eric!" She called, drying her hands on a sheet of kitchen paper. I sat on the counter, sipping on my cup as he entered the room.

"Oh, so now you suddenly remember me?" He sighed, sounding playful. I daringly looked up at him for a second, only to find him staring right back at me. I tore my eyes away.

That was... strange.

"Yes. What would you like for breakfast?" Vanessa waved off his previous question.