CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE.

(Lea's Pov)

"Eric, how do you feel about kids?" I questioned him as I ran my hands through his hair, his head perched on my lap. We were supposed to be watching some movie, which was premiering on TV, but found ourselves cuddling whilst talking.

I preferred it.

"Kids? What do you mean?" He peaked a glance at me. I smiled at the thought currently in my mind.

"I mean your own. Do you see yourself having any in the future?" I asked, curious. I genuinely wanted to get to know him better and that question was lingering in my mind. He paused, turning his head, so it was facing the ceiling and not the TV.

"Honestly, yeah, I do. Children are God's miracle, and only people that God think are worthy enough, get the chance to fulfill the duty of being a parent. And I do hope one day, that will be me." He replied, his words sincere and so deep. 

"But what about women that can't get pregnant and they haven't done anything bad in life? Why do you think God doesn't grant them the chance?" I found myself asking. He glanced up at me, half-smiling.

"I guess everything happens for a reason. Some people are blessed with children, because God believes they're strong enough to bring them up and people who aren't, the sad truth is, it just wasn't meant to be." He shrugged, licking his lips.

I nodded along, biting down on my bottom lip, another question boiling in my mind.

"What about teenagers? Teen-parents? And people who just don't care about their children?" I muttered the last part, a perfect image of my parents painting inside my mind.

They suited that category perfectly.

"True, but somethings just happen. God know they're strong enough, therefore he gave them a child. No matter how young you are, it doesn't always matter on your age." He said.

"And people who don't care for their children? Then they're messed up. God's given them a chance to prove themselves, but if they fuck it up - then that's their fault. In the end, they're the ones who are going to suffer with consequences." He said, his tone blunt. 

"What you mean like...hell?" I swallowed, still running my hands through my hair. He shrugged against me.

"Maybe. Only God knows what's in the future." He muttered, turning his head, so he was facing my stomach.

"Wow, I never thought if it all like that." I mumbled to myself and the air fell silent. Eric's arms wrapped around my waist and he buried his face in my stomach. I smiled, running my hands through his hair.

Maybe one day I'd be able to make Eric's future dream become a reality.

Maybe I would be the mother to his children...one day.

But only if God was willing.

(AN) Some religious undertones because I'm a religious person myself and this character was previously supposed to be playing Justin Bieber who was a religious man.

I smiled sadly at the memory, my hands moving over my bare stomach. When applying my burn cream on against my body, I was reminded by the heart-clenching memories of Eric and I. It was all clear in my mind. After that night, Eric took me up into his bed and slept beside me, muttering how beautiful I was.

I wish I could go back.

But that was in the past now. 

I shook off my thoughts, quickly applying the cream to the last of my burns, before standing up and rolling down my shirt, straightening it out. Last night's' conversation with Vanessa kept replaying in my mind.