CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

(Lea's Pov)

The next morning, I spent a little longer time in bed, just thinking about everything. The 'talk' from yesterday was still fresh in my mind. I couldn't believe it had happen. Both Vanessa and Jeremy wanted me to have Eric's child.

It was insane.

However, I did understand partly what they were saying. It just wasn't nice of them to spring it up on us, especially almost a month after our marriage. Even if they didn't know my thoughts on our arrangement, they knew Eric's - they could have at least considered talking about it another time.

I sighed, tying the hair band around my hair once I was finished with my braid. I was dressed in a simple, white shirt, black leggings and white socks. I was hoping there wouldn't be any surprised visits coming up soon. I was still trying to get over yesterdays.

I closed my bedroom door behind me and began making my way down the stairs. My eyes glazed over Eric's bedroom's door. It was closed since yesterday and I didn't hear him come out at all. A small sigh left my lips and I wondered into the kitchen.

I pulled out four slices of bread, shoving them into the double toaster. Before I began living here, I never knew they existed. They were really helpful. Within a few seconds, a loud 'ping' went off and I took out the slices of toast. I spread out butter evenly on them, before stacking them on a plate.

Setting them on the table, I started on the coffee. After a few weeks, I finally got used to the control of his fancy beverage maker. I poured myself a cup of hot, fresh coffee and settled down on my usual seat at the table.

Minutes ticked by and I slowly ate my breakfast, leaving two slices of toast for Eric. As I sipped on my coffee, the sound of footsteps entered my ears and I straightened out on my seat, suddenly feeling a little nervous.

"Goodmorning," I said, a smile growing onto my lips. I thought I'd receive my usual reply - a half-smile and a 'Morning'. Instead, I received a brief glance from him, no half-smile or reply.

Isn't that nice.

I suddenly felt my heart sink a little and found a frown growing onto my lips. I guess I was so used to the way things had changed between Eric and I, that even a smallest of his actions affected me.

He had slowly grown onto me...I liked him - but only as a friend. If you could call us that.

Plus, I didn't think I could have actual feelings for him like that. After all. I've never felt anything like that before. Although we may be titled 'Husband and Wife' by law - it was a complete different story behind closed doors. We were somewhat friends.

I shook off my thoughts and took another sip from my coffee, looking over Eric's face as I did. He was eating his toast, his eyes blank as he eyed the table in-front of him. I cleared my throat, raking any question in my mind in order to start a conversation.

"So, did you sleep good?" I asked, quietly. Once again, he gave me a brief glance with a small shrug. This time I let out a sigh, sinking down in my chair a little.

"What's it to you?" He snapped. I bit down on my bottom lip, my head hanging down. 

"S-Sorry, just what happened last night...you seemed upset." I stuttered, fidgeting with my clothes.

"What if I was? It's none of your concern." He sighed. Once again, the feeling of hurt entered itself in my body. I frowned, standing up from the chair and going to wash my empty cup. I quickly washed it and found Eric's eyes on me, his brows knitted as he looked deep in thought.

"Look, Lea, I've been doing some thinking and I think we should go back to the way we were before." He suddenly said, catching me off guard. I frowned, my brows narrowing in confusion.