CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE.

(Lea's Pov) 

A sigh of relief left my lips as I saw the house come into view. I had just finished grocery shopping and was looking forward to getting dinner started.

It had been a three days since Eric and I admitted our feelings. 

Not much had changed, other than him being more nicer towards me. Also, we would kiss much more often. I smiled at that. I just hoped things would progress and maybe, just maybe - he could love me. Like I loved him.

I turned open the front-door, placing the groceries down. I stepped inside, closing the door behind me. I heard small sounds coming from the kitchen, indicating he was in there. 

I shrugged off my coat, hooking it up on the wall, before making my way into the kitchen, remembering to pick up the bag of groceries before. When I entered the kitchen, I was met with the sight of Eric's back as he rummaged through the fridge.

"Eric," I called, making my presence known. He looked a little startled, closing the fridge door and turning to face me. A smile grew onto his lips and eyed me from head to toe, a blush appearing onto my cheeks.

"Hey, I was wondering where you were." He mumbled, clearing his throat afterwards.

"Grocery shopping," I smiled, placing the bags down on the counter.

"Oh, alright." He said, inching closer towards me.  

"You're home early?" I found myself asking. 

"Oh, yeah, meeting got canceled." He muttered, a sigh following. He stopped when he was standing in-front of me. 

"Was it important?" I quietly asked. 

"Yeah, sort of." He replied, his eyes raking over my figure. I tried not to blush.

"Did you buy anything that I can eat without cooking or heating up?" He questioned, his eyes looking desperate. I bit back a laugh.

"I did, in-fact...chocolate chip cookies..." I trailed off watching as Eric turned on his heels, taking ahold of the packet and hurriedly snatching it open. I grinned, seeing as he picked up a cookie before taking a large bite out of it.

"These are so good." He moaned, taking another bite. I giggled, inching closer to try one myself. I took a bite out of mine, chewing on the biscuit.

"Hmm, they are." I agreed, going in for another bite. Eric reached for another, yet I didn't think he realized there were crumbs all over him, including his face. Without thinking, I found myself reaching out to wipe off the crumbs. He tensed, his eyes falling back to me.

"Y-You, uh, had something..." I nervously stuttered, swiping my hand back to my side. His eyes clouded with an unfamiliar emotion, which oddly made me shiver.

"Why are you so nervous around me, Lea?" A sudden smirk crept up onto his plump lips. I opened my mouth in surprise, my brows furrowing with one another.

"W-What?" I stuttered. He took a step closer, his warm breath brushing over my lips. I peered up at him, swallowing the gulp in my throat.

"Nervous; you're always stuttering around me, your breaths pick up..." He trailed off, slyly reaching out to cup my cheeks.

"I have an effect on you, don't I?" His tongue swiped out to moisture his bottom lip. My eyes watched his movement, lost for words. 

"Answer me, Angel." He rasped, my heart fluttering from the nickname.

"A-Angel?" My shaky voice questions.

"Yes," He nonchalantly replies, his fingers stroking my cheek. I felt my cheeks heat up, flustered from the situation.