CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO.

(Eric's Pov)

A sigh of relief left my lips as I stood up from my office chair, stretching and groaning as I got rid of any kinks in my body. Finally, after a very long, hard day at work, I could go home.

And back to Lea.

I smiled at the thought. It also made me hurry up with my movements. The sooner I packed my things, the sooner I could get home. 

I straightened out my suit, doing a quick check over my appearance making sure I looked good. I grabbed my suitcase and my way out of the door, flicking off the lights. I paused, turning to lock the door behind me and from the corner of my eye, noticed Janice.

"Hey, Eric." She smiled, an unreadable emotion shining in her eyes.

"Hey." I flatly replied, showing her I was in no mood to talk.

I just wanted to go home.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I nodded at her, turning on my heels.

"What's the rush, E?" She questioned, coming to stand by my side.

"Look, Janice - I've had a long day at work, I just want to go home." I sighed, hurrying my pace, leaving her to stand there. I know, I know - I probably seemed like a dick. But I was tired and Janice tends to get annoying. Frustrating, even.

I finally left the building and made my way to the parking lot. My car was in its reserved place. Only people who were thought highly of, got a space there. I flicked out my keys, unlocking my silver BMW.

When I buckled myself in, I started the car, before pulling out. The drive home wasn't long - until I neared towards home. That's when the traffic began to grow. I sighed heavily, growing impatient at the rows of cars in-front of me.

A loud, blaring siren rung in my ears. I peered from my mirror, seeing a fire truck followed by an ambulance truck, approaching. I let out a mumble of curse words, moving aside to make room for them.

When the sirens grew distant, the traffic began to move. A sigh of relief left my lips and I began driving home. When I was a road away from my street, the traffic line grew again. I impatiently did down the window, and stuck my head outside to see what was holding it up.

An officer stood by the entrance of the road, stopping it.

"Fuck sake." I cursed, moving to the other side of the road to park my car. I let out a frustrated sigh, taking out my briefcase and walking up the sidewalk.

I guess I'd have to fetch my car tomorrow.

My eyes were glued to the ground as I walked up the sidewalk on my road. When I heard various voices shouting and a bright, red light flashing in my eye, I looked up only, to see the fire truck and ambulance standing right outside of my house.

"What the fuck?" I muttered to myself, speeding up my pace. I noticed a cloud of smoke pooling up in the sky, indicating there was a fire on our road. Once I neared towards my house, I felt my breath being sucked out my lungs.

"Excuse me, Sir." A masculine voice called. I snapped out of my daze, looking at the officer.

"That's my house!" I cried, my eyes darting back to my house, which seemed to have a loud cloud of fire building at the top of it.

"W-What happened?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, Sir, but your house was on fire - the kitchen." He told me. I took a second, letting the drastic news settle in. I felt my jaw clench and eyes widen. Before I remembered.