CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR.

(Eric's Pov)

It was two am in the morning, yet here I lay in bed, wide awake. After the conversation I had with Lea, it was as if my mind wouldn't switch off. I couldn't help but still feel her lips against mine, it was a sensational feeling.

A feeling I couldn't describe, yet wanted more of. It was lust; I tried to tell myself. But my mind wouldn't settle for that. I couldn't lie - it was something more, something I was unfamiliar with. 

I shook off my thoughts, sitting up in bed. I ran a hand through my hair, switching on the lamp placed on the drawer beside my bed. 

A sudden knock sounded on the door and I thought I was hearing things. But a second later, another knock followed. My brows narrowed in confusion. I stood up from my bed, making my way over to the door. I turned the door open, my eyes meeting with a nervous looking Lea.

"Lea? What are you doing here?" I questioned, clearing my throat when noticing how drowsy it must have sounded. 

"If I'm being honest, I-I don't know." She whispered, shrugging to herself. My left brow raised as I crossed my arms over my chest, my eyes grazing over her figure. She was dressed in a dark purple, lace nightdress, a white, silk robe over it.

Christ.

"Well...would you like to come in?" I asked, after a few seconds of silence. She shyly nodded, and I stepped aside, letting her come in. She walked a little into the room and I shut the door behind her, coming to stand by her side.

I placed my hand on her arm, making her jump in surprise. She peered up at me, her innocent blue eyes, staring into my hazel ones. I offered a smile, which she weakly returned. 

She was nervous.

"Sit," I motioned towards the end of my bed. She did as I said, not even being hesitant towards my command. That was one the things I picked up about her; she was very obedient. I sighed, my eyes glued to the nervous Lea.

It was nice knowing I had effect on her, but sometimes, I wish she would relax around me. For instance, right now.

"I'm sorry! I'm probably disturbing you. I-I'll leave." She blurted out, shooting up from the end of my bed. 

"No, sit, Lea. I was already awake, I couldn't fall asleep." I told her, watching as her brows knotted. 

"You were?" She gently asked, confusion present in her tone. I nodded, taking a seat by the edge of my bed and patting the empty seat beside. She sunk back down beside me, playing with her hands.

"Why weren't you asleep?" I questioned, my curiosity getting the better of me. She paused with her fidgeting, biting her lip in a nervous gesture.

If only she knew how much that affected me...

Without thinking, I reached out to unlatch her lip from her teeth. She froze, staring at me with widen eyes. 

"Stop being so nervous, Lea. Relax, alright?" I whispered, my tongue brushing over my lips. Her eyes followed my tongue's movement, slowly nodding.

"Good." I mumbled, slowly letting go of her lip. I cleared my throat, brushing my hair back with my hands.

"I-I couldn't sleep." She replied to my previous question. 

"Why not?" I pressed.

"B-Because, I was thinking about what you said...and I...what you said...I want to know what you meant..." She trailed off, her words all over the place. My brows narrowed as I pursed my lips.