CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX.

I HAD TO UPDATE TWICE. I LOVE YOU ALL ♥

(Lea's Pov)

A week - so much can happen in seven days. Eric had began ignoring me after the night he returned late after having dinner with Janice...and doing some other stuff. It were as if we had gone back to square one - we were strangers.

To make things worse, I'd find myself crying frequently. All the good memories with Eric found the need to replay in my mind - only reminding me further of what I had let go. I had also grown sick. Whatever I once found appealing, was no longer nice. I'd always vomit it out.

I frowned, finishing throwing up my breakfast. 

That was a waste of pancakes.

I brushed my teeth, sneaking a glance at myself in the mirror. I almost couldn't recognize myself. I looked sick, my face was pale and my eyes were motionless. I didn't like it. I spat out the toothpaste in my mouth and rinsed my teeth.

A sigh left my lips as I used a towel to dry my face. The same unsettling feeling in my stomach continued to grow. I frowned, peering down at it.

What was wrong with me?

I placed the towel in the hamper and made my way downstairs. Just the second I reached the last step, the front-door turned open and in stepped Eric. We locked eyes for a brief moment before he broke our gaze, brushing past me as he bounced up the stairs.

I sighed sadly, looking down at the ground. This is what our relationship had come to. I frowned, narrowing my brows.

Wait - what was he doing home so early?

Sadly, I would never know, because we no longer spoke. I felt my heart hurt, so badly regretting how things had come to. I was so close...so close to telling him I was sorry, and what I said was just an emotional outburst - but I couldn't.

I couldn't be so selfish.

The sound of the doorbell ringing. caught my attention. I straightened out my shirt, running a hand through my hair. I cleared my throat, turning the door open. My eyes widened as I stared back at the two familiar figures. My parents.

"Come in." I cleared my throat, opening the door wider for them to come inside. My eyes darted to my mother, who had her jaw clenched. She brushed past me, heading into the kitchen. My father followed behind her, his eyes darting to mine and holding the familiar emotion - anger.

He headed into the kitchen. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. I followed them, my old habit kicking in and I fidgeted with my hands. I entered the kitchen, meeting with the heated eyes which belonged to my parents. They glanced at one another, before my father stepped closer to me.

His rough hand latched onto my wrist, a startled gasp leaving my lips. His darkened eyes met with mine and he strode towards my mother, pulling me along with him. He paused, causing me to almost lose balance and fall, but I steadied myself.

"I can't even look at you." My mother started. I frowned, narrowing my brows at her in confusion.

"What the fuck are we hearing about you asking for a divorce?" She questioned, raising her tone in anger. My heart felt as if someone had punched it. I hung my head down in shame, feeling tears prick my eyes at the mention of it.

"He...he doesn't love me, Ma." I quietly said.

"I'm ruining his life...he doesn't love me." I sadly repeated.

Her rough fingers tugged up my chin, causing me to look at her.

"So? Get over yourself, Lea. If he doesn't love you, you move on. This marriage wasn't agreed on for love." She hissed at me. I found myself getting angry. All the times I put up with there bull, decided to visit my mind.