CHAPTER NINETEEN.

(Lea's Pov)

Okay, Lea. You can do this. It's only for four hours or so. You can stay calm, keep your cool, put up with her for that long. Do it for Mary - imagine how happy it would make her. Just try and get along, just for a few hours. You can do it, Lea. I can do this.

Finished with my pep talk as if on cue, the doorbell rang. My eyes widened and I did a quick check over my outfit in the mirror in-front of me. I was dressed in clothes from the wardrobe Vanessa styled. 

I can do this.

I was wearing a black dress, which reached a little longer than my mid-thigh, a white jean fabric jacket, paired with black flats. I didn't see the need for makeup, so I didn't put any on. My hair was in its wavy form, so I left it out. 

I can do this.

I quickly slung my arm bag over my shoulder and began making my way downstairs. The bell once again, rang, and I knew for a fact my mother was cursing me in her head for making her wait. 

I can do this.

Yesterday, when Mary texted me, it was for a purpose. She was giving me a notice that tomorrow her and my mother would be coming around to pick me up, so we could go wedding dress shopping for Mary. 

I was happy, well sort of. I was happy I was going to see Mary and be able to spend some time with her after so long. But, I wasn't looking forward to seeing my mother. I knew for a fact, the next few hours would be spent with her occasionally criticizing me. 

But I could put up with it...

I think.

I can do this.

I inhaled a deep breath, my hands slowly twisting the door open. My eyes landed on my mother and Mary. A large grin was spread across Mary's pink lips, I could see the eagerness and excitement in her eyes. I smiled back at her, seconds away from hugging her.

I wish I could say my mother matched her expression - but it was the complete opposite. Her lips were pursed into a thin line as she had a look of annoyance, probably because I kept her waiting. 

My bad...

"Done, princess?" Sarcasm laced through her question. My smile faltered and I slightly nodded at her, ignoring the comment she made.

"Finally, let's get going, shall we?"

I so can't do this.

---

"Really, Mary? You want this one?" My mother said, pointing to the beautiful wedding dress Mary held by the hanger. I didn't see anything wrong with the dress, Mary would look like a princess init. She eagerly nodded at my mother.

"Fine, but only because I love you." She smiled, embracing Mary into a hug. I stood silently to myself, biting down on my bottom lip, half-smiling.

My parents always had a better relationship with Mary. They treated her better, took care of her well. Yet, when it came to me, I was treated like an outcast. When I was younger, I could definitely say I was jealous, but as I grew older, I realized it was because they loved Mary.

The difference, they didn't love me. I understood it perfectly well. 

Feeling someone nudge my shoulder, I snapped out of my thoughts. Mary arched an eyebrow, giving me a questioning look, but I just waved her off, forcing a fake smile.

"Come on, girls. We need to find a new suit for your father." My mother said, catching both mine and Mary's attention.

We did just that. We spent the next three hours searching through different tailored stores, (expensive ones, might I add). My mother finally came across a black suit, which she approved of. Along with a dark purple dress shirt, a black tie and black, Burberry smart shoes.