CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX.

(Lea's Pov)

The next morning arrived and I woke up with a heavy mind, my thoughts everywhere. The beautiful, captivating, melody Eric had played on the piano was still clear in my mind.

He opened up to me more that night, and I fell a little harder for him.

I felt my heart sink, knowing Eric would never feel the same way about me. We were just friends to him. Besides, he had Janice.

But still, I would do what Vanessa had told me.

Embrace my feelings.

And that's how I woke up this morning, with a determined mind.

Although, it wasn't exactly easy to do that. Eric wasn't in for breakfast. I had searched around the house for him, knowing he would be home since it was a weekend and those were his days off.

I got a little worried when I couldn't find him, but calmed down, coming to a conclusion he was probably out.

So, I went on with my day.

I finished the previous book I was reading. It had a happy ending, as expected. The girl ended up forgiving the famous businessman for neglecting her and most shocking of all, he proposed to her. And you can guess her answer. Yes.

However, her story, his story and their ending - it was just too good to be true. That's the thing about life, only some people, who are fortunate, get a storybook ending.

I wasn't one of those people.

Nonetheless, I didn't dwell on the subject. I should just be happy with the life I'm living. People had it so bad compared to me.

After I had finished reading my book, it was roughly around twelve pm. Eric still wasn't home and tried not to think he could possibly be out with Janice. Instead, I blocked out those thoughts by cooking lunch.

I wasn't sure if Eric would be home in an hour or if he'd be hungry. But still, I made enough for the two of us. I poured a plate of macaroni and cheese, before taking a seat at the table. I ate in silence, the only sound to be heard was of my fork clinking against the plate.

It felt odd.

Within a few minutes, I finished, washing my plate and placed it to dry. Then I realized I had nothing else to do. Other than watching some random show on TV, or reading the rest of the books I had. 

I had nothing else to do.

The sudden sound of the front-door opening, caught my attention.

Eric must be home.

I made my way out the kitchen, but accidentally bumped into a wall.

Eric's chest.

Arms slipped around my waist, holding me up from my fall. My eyes met with Eric's, who held a trace of amusement mixed with another emotion I couldn't read. I let out a shaky breath, a smile appearing onto his lips, soon mimicking onto mine.

"You're always there to catch me." I blurted out, not thinking. His grin only grew larger, pulling me closer towards his chest.

"I am," He mumbled under his breath. I continued to daze into his eyes, but suddenly felt a disgusting oder flow into my nostrils. I slipped out of his grip, my nose scrunching up in disgust.

"What?" I heard him ask, chuckling.

"Y-You smell...of sweat." I muttered, covering my nose with a hand.

"Well, yeah. I did just come back from the gym - and don't even ask why I didn't shower, I don't trust public showers." He stated. I let my eyes run over his figure; tight fitting, black muscle T, red Nike shorts and Nike running shoes.