CHAPTER ELEVEN.

(Lea's Pov)

Bored. I was suffering from boredom. Although I had five large books I could choose to read from; I found myself lounging around the house - bored. A sigh left my lips as I spread out on the leather sofa, staring up at the ceiling.

I took that moment to reflect on life. It's cruel how fast the night can change. It's almost like yesterday I was a normal ordinary girl, minding her own business - and now, I'm married to a famous CEO.                                                                                   

It all happened so fast.

Too fast.

I'm only eighteen, nineteen soon. I have my entire life ahead of me, but sadly it was already planned out by my parents. It truly saddens me when I think about them. They're supposed to love me, yet they despise me.

I wonder what I would be doing with my life if I had normal parents. College, maybe? Friends? Boyfriends? A job?...God, who knows.

Imagine Eric at this age, he could at least cut me some slack and try being more understanding towards me. I'm sure he wasn't treated like crap as a child, or his entire life. 

He's twenty-five. He's lived longer than me and was probably treated like a king, his entire life. I also just noticed the huge age difference between us. Seven years, that is. Oddly, I'm not disgusted as I thought I'd be. 

The sudden sound of the doorbell ringing snapped me out my thoughts. I let out a dragged out groan and forced myself up from the sofa. I opened the front door, only to see the surprising sight of Jaxon, my brother-in-law. 

God, it sounds weird saying that.

"Uh, hi." I mumbled, opening the door further for him to come inside. He stepped inside, shooting me a comforting smile.

"Hey, Lea. How have you been?" He questioned, starting small talk.

"Fine, thank you." I replied quietly. To be honest, I felt slightly uncomfortable being around him. He looked almost like an exact copy of Eric, only younger and less mature looking.

"Is Eric home by any chance?" I shook my head.

"Fuck sake." I heard him curse under his breath.

"Why? Was there something you needed to tell him?" 

"Uh, yeah. Don't worry about it. I'll just wait, if you don't mind?" He trailed off. 

"No, no. Of course not." I smiled, gesturing him into the house. He grinned lightly and headed into the living room. I followed behind, but stopped by the door.

"Would you like anything to eat or drink?" I questioned politely.

"If I'm being honest, yes. I'm fucking starving." He muttered bluntly. I let out a small laugh.

"Very well, what would you like?" 

"Uh, anything really. Pasta, maybe?" He looked as if he was contemplating his choice.

"Okay." I nodded and made my way into the kitchen. I set a decent amount of pasta to boil and headed back into the living room. Jaxon had turned on the TV and was enjoying the use of free Netflix.

"Breaking bad? I love that show." I squealed. He looked surprise by my sudden presence, but played it off.

"Really? Who's your favorite character?" He questioned with an arched brow.

"Jesse." I replied. He gave me an arched brow look, as if to say why.

"I don't know. I just do. What about you?"