CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.

(AN) Hey guys! Little note here. I would advice you to listen to the song of the chapter, because I rarely have these and because it really flows with the chapter.

SONG FOR CHAPTER: Touch It By Ariana Grande

"Cause every time I'm with you I go into a zone. And I'll remember all the places you wanna go. Take me all the way. Ain't nobody gonna touch it, touch it, touch it."

(Lea's Pov)

I could feel his eyes on me, watching me deeply. I slowly closed my eyes, biting down on my lip as I let my mind relive the horrific memory. It was all still so clear in my mind. The flames, the painful, brutal feeling of the overbearing heat, burning my skin - forever.

I inhaled a deep breath, opening my eyes, yet I continued to stare at the carpentered ground which belonged to his bedroom floor.

"I-It was a family gathering - a barbecue, I presume. It was summer time and we had the family over; my aunts, uncles and cousins - people who I hadn't seen in, for what seemed like, ever." I let out a small humourless chuckle.

"I was eleven at the time. My cousins and I, we were playing out in the back garden, while some adults lingered around, drinking their numerous glasses of beer and wine, chatting, all having a laugh." I smiled lightly, remembering the happy atmosphere.

"Eventually, everyone ended up going inside - some even leaving. Well, apart from us kids. We continued to chase each other, giggling, like little children do. I remember me, Mary, my cousin Sophie and Jimmy - we were playing tag." I paused, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Um, so it was us four and we continued running back and forth. B-But, it was funny how things suddenly changed from me once laughing to suddenly crying out in pain." My voice began shaking and I felt a warm, large hand cover itself with mine. 

"T-There was a fire...I saw it clearly. It was built from stacks of paper and placed in the middle of the garden grass. I paused, staring at in curiosity, not touching - but simply bending down to examine the papers being burnt..."

"I guess you could say this was my own fault and I should have not been so close. But I was a child and I was just wondering why there was a fire for no reason. O-Out of nowhere, I felt a hand being placed on my back and just as I was about to turn around, I felt myself loose balance and I was pushed forward." A warm, wet tear left my right eye as I reminisced the pain and confusion I felt.

"My face swooshed against the grass, my stomach was inches away from the fire - b-but the top of my right leg, grilled against the burning, hot flames. I-I remember crying out from the overbearing pain, looking down at my leg with horrified eyes." I breathed, more tears falling.

"It hurt so bad, Eric. I yelled and screamed for help as soon as I snapped out of shock. Nobody came for a long time...and in that time spent; the top of my leg got burnt - my right thigh." I cried, remembering the pain I felt.

"A-After at least five minutes, they finally heard me. Mary found me and dragged my parents out. My face was wet with tears and with my blurry vision, I couldn't see clearly, but I heard gasps and yells of disbelief."

"I eventually felt a cool, wet liquid being thrown on my leg and I was turned around. I-I don't remember anything after that. I just remembering waking up the next day with a red, blotchy thigh." I whispered.

"So, yeah. That's why I'm scared of fire. I can only stand a small amount like a stove, but a free flame, say from a candle, can freak me out the slightest." I told him, quietly, feeling another tear leave my eye.

"I know I'm stupid and a coward, but I can't help but feel like this. I grew up too afraid to show my legs. I never wear shorts and my skirts and dresses always reach past mid-thigh."