CHAPTER TEN.

(Eric's Pov)

The elevator bell rang and the automatic doors opened. I straightened out my jet black tie, making sure I looked pristine and neat. I put on my business face and stepped out, ready to start another day as CEO of Miller Inc. At last.

It was funny how my presence could silence everyone completely, and make them fear losing their jobs, which I was more than capable of doing - since I was the boss now. I inwardly smirked at that. 

Finally, my legacy had began.

My black Italian loafers, that my father had purchased for me, clinked against the ground, echoing around the room. Every worker was dead silent, eyes down on their desk as they continued doing their task. 

Good, this is what I like to see.

My long walk to my office came to an end. I passed Janice, who sent a wink my way. I smirked in response as I pulled out they key to unlock my office. When I did, I stepped inside and placed my briefcase on the large wooden desk. 

I let my eyes wander around the large room, smiling. 

It was originally my grandfather's, but when he passed away, my father took his place

It was originally my grandfather's, but when he passed away, my father took his place. Although my father hasn't past away or suffered from any deadly illness, that he had to pass the down the company to me, he chose to do so. Mainly for the fact he was stressing and decided to take care of other family businesses'.

They weren't as big as Miller Inc and that made me lose interest. Also, ever since I was a little kid, I always wanted to become the owner of Miller Inc - in which we take care of people's financial issues.

And, guess what? 

I am the owner.

I snapped out my cocky, proud thoughts when I remembered I had work to be doing. My smile vanished and I sat behind my desk, looking over documents and emails from people who needed loans.

As I was working, I felt this nagging feeling in my mind and I found myself thinking about her. I still didn't understand why my mother adored her so much, along with my father. She treats her like her own and though I wasn't mad, I was confused.

Sure, she's fucking beautiful, has great tits and probably an ass - but what other than that? I don't know her for fuck sake. So, how does my mother expect me to automatically accept and love her?

It's fucking insane.

Not just that, I didn't want to be tied down to a woman...well, not in a long time. I'm only twenty-five and she's...I don't even know, if I'm being honest. It's just, this all happened so fast. About two weeks ago; I was single, and ready to have anyone who wanted a piece. But now, I'm a married man.

Insane.

My mind found itself thinking back to breakfast yesterday. My mother and her looked so happy whilst they were cooking. I think it was the first time I heard Lea laugh and...strangely, it made me want to smile and hear it again.