Chapter 12

Chanyeol puts his head down, gulps the lump in his throat and fidgets as he tries to keep his back straight, sitting with his leg underneath his bum.

He's sitting right in front of old lady Byun, with her arms cross against her chest, her sparse eyebrow knitted together, with a half inch thick stick lying beside her.

"What is he doing here?"

"Grandma, please don't be like this to him. He's already your grandson so please can you spare him? For me?"

Grandma Byun sigh. "I just can't believe my little Baekhyunnie grew up so fast and now becomes a beautiful spouse to... to... tsk, never mind!"

Once the neighborhood knew that Baekhyun came back, the villagers, mosty composed of elders, visits the Byun household. They were excited to meet the said celebrity that Baekhyun marries. But the elders only scrunch their forehead in disappointment when they didn't know the celebrity that was in front of him.

Chanyeol tries to control himself to roll his eyes to the elders when they didn't know him, instead, they thought Jongdae was the artist and not him.

"That only means one thing, I look better than you." Jongdae snickers.

The villagers then invited them all for a small gathering since the leader of their village celebrates his 67th birthday.

Grandma Byun was kind enough to let Chanyeol stay alive for a day with a condition not to touch her precious Baekhyunnie, even if they're going to share a room for a night.

After Baekhyun toured them around their village, Jongdae, Lu Han and Sehun helps the elders to prepare for their small feast for the night, and encourages the two to keep their private time together while they lure granny Byun.

These 3 really want to sabotage me! Chanyeol thought when he saw the impish grin on their faces.

*

They were currently sitting at the farmer's resting shed near the rice paddies, breathing the fresh air.

"Wow... it's really quiet here." Chanyeol muses.

"It is! That's why I would never replace my village to the busy streets of Seoul. But of course I have to work there so I have no choice but to leave this beautiful place."

"Where are your parents by the way? I haven't seen them or heard them from you."

"My parents were separated. They divorced when I was in 5th grade. They both have their own families now though. When I was young I didn't understand why they have to divorce but as I grow up, I think it's better for them to be separated, instead of watching them fight every single time, even with littlest thing, they argue about it. My brother and I was supposed to be separated to leave with either one of them, but we both refused. We didn't want to be separated with grandma so they decided to let us live with her."

"So you have a brother?"

"Yes. His name is Baekbeom. He's 6 years older than me and he's currently stays in Germany."

Chanyeol bobs his head in understanding.

"Can I ask you something? If you don't mind?"

"You're already asking."

"Umm... why are you fighting with Jongin?"

Chanyeol cranes his neck to the side and looks away as he said, "None of your business."

"You're fighting because of Kyungsoo, right?" Baekhyun continues when Chanyeol didn't answer. "I know you like him."

Chanyeol looks at him straight to his eyes. "How did you know?"