Chapter 17

After Baekhyun left the penthouse, Chanyeol kept pacing in the living room (after the agonizing pain that Baekhyun gave him). He's contemplating whether to call him, text him or not. He didn't know why but he's really annoyed when last time he brought Baekhyun to Kyungsoo's bakeshop and casually talk to Jongin like they were friends for a long time. It irks him how they laugh and smile for the world to care while Baekhyun could only bicker with him. Plus the days that the petite nurse kept evading him and now Jongin gave him a present, his patience runs out and did something stupid.

"Why does he even have lots of guy friends?!" Chanyeol slump on the couch then sigh. "And why am I even mad for no reason?"

*

Baekhyun angrily shove a spoonful of strawberry ice cream on his mouth, trying to cool down his still raging nerves. Chanyeol was so stupid-- no scratch that, Chanyeol is stupid to accuse him of flirting with Jongin, moreover, calling him slut. And the nerve of that giant to kiss him! AGAIN!

"I swear I'm going to kill him! I'LL. KILL. HIM! Mark my word!" Baekhyun harshly stab his spoon in a tub of ice cream.

"I can't believe he did that to you, Baek! I'm starting to regret I idolized him!" Tao hiss after tearing the beef jerky between his teeth.

The two of them both sat on Tao's bed, sending death glares at Chanyeol's poster that they ripped from the wall and was now crumpled and thrown on the floor.

"I'm not a slut, Zitao, you know that!"

"Of course you're not! He's just stupid to see that! Fake husband or not he should treated you nicely! After all these time you lived with him, he should've at least know you! Get all your things there tomorrow and just live here again! I'm not going to entrust you to him again, hyung!"

Baekhyun looks at the younger male and smile finally manage to creep on his face.

"Thank you, panda."

"You always have me, hyung. Remember that."

***

Jongin came marching and barge inside Chanyeol's dressing room, asking the latter's staff, even Jongdae, to leave them for a while to talk. When everyone left the room, Jongin launch his fist on Chanyeol's face before he grabs the older on his collar.

"Why did you do that to Baekhyun?"

"Whatever I do, it's none of your fucking business!" Jongin punch Chanyeol's jaw harder which the older returns and punch him on his cheek.

"If you got problems with me then tell it on my fucking face! Don't blame it on people around you. If you want to ruin me and revenge on me, then I dare you to fucking do it! Don't get Kyungsoo or Baekhyun involve here!"

"That's impossible. You took everything away from me so I'll make sure you won't have everything you want as well."

"You're insane!" Jongin throws another punch, making the older's lip burst. "How many times should I ask for your apology? How long will you keep this up?!"

"Until I was satisfied."

"So you think involving Kyungsoo and Baekhyun was the best strategy? Tch! You play dirty, hyung!" Jongin shakes his head. "You think I wouldn't know about your fake marriage with Baekhyun hyung?" The younger said in a low tone, trying to read Chanyeol's expression, but none.

Jongin wants to know if his hunch, back at Kyungsoo's shop, was right. How could he missed that little details. The hesitation when he asked Baekhyun about their relationship while having lunch at the restaurant, the way Chanyeol neglects Baekhyun and rather give Kyungsoo the first scoop of his favorite dish, the fact that Baekhyun didn't even ask him about Chanyeol or even mention the latter's name when they talk, or even hold each other's hand when they were alone. And the most important detail he missed to payed attention with was the absence of wedding ring on Baekhyun's ring finger. Connecting all the clues, Jongin realized that Chanyeol and Baekhyun's relationship was hoax.