Chapter 15

It was a Thursday morning and Baekhyun and Daehyun are in Myeongdong, buying some things that Daehyun can bring back to Bucheon, as well as buying something for his grandmother.

They were sitting across each other, eating their lunch, when Daehyun asks him something.

"Umm... Baekhyunnie?"

"Hm?"

"D-do you... do you like Kim Kai?" Daehyun ask with uncertainty.

"Huh?"

"Do you like him, like, you're in-like with him?"

"Jongin is just a friend. Yeah I did liked him before but it was just an infatuation. And although I still like him, it's just platonic, nothing serious." Baekhyun smiles at the other.

"Really?" Daehyun asks which Baekhyun nods before slurping some soup. "How about Park Chanyeol? Do you like him?"

Baekhyun pause chewing his food for awhile, not meeting the other's eyes, before he answer Daehyun. "He's my husband, Dae."

"But... do you like him?"

"Why do you ask so many question? What's wrong with you?" Baekhyun tries to cover his nervousness with a chuckle.

"Why don't you answer my question?"

Drinking his water, Baekhyun readied his self for telling lie again. "Of-of course, he's my husband after all..."

"How about me then?"

"Dae, you know you're a good friend of mine--"

"But you don't like me."

"Don't think like that. I do like you--"

"But not as much as I like you."

Baekhyun press his lips. Of course there will be a time that Daehyun will ask him about accepting his feeling for him, it's just that, he's not yet prepared to hurt the other's feelings.

"You know you can always be honest with me, right?" Daehyun smiles at him.

"I tried to like you, Dae, but I don't think it'll work out. I don't want to accept your feelings out of pity, because I know it's rude and it'll hurt you more. If I'm going to say yes to you it should be genuine, not because I was pressured but, because our feelings are mutual. You're important to me Dae because you're my friend. Although I don't want to hurt your feelings, I don't want to lie to you." Baekhyun said.

"It's okay... I do understand. But until you didn't push me away, I'll stay with you."

Baekhyun offers a small smile at the guy in front of him. It's funny how Daehyun says the same thing he told Chanyeol back in Bucheon.

*

On that same day in the afternoon, Daehyun was asked by one of the production crew to do an extra role as a waiter in a fancy restaurant when they pass by their shooting location near Myeongdong. Baekhyun even fix his tie as he told him he will take as many pictures as he can, unknown to them someone's watching their every move.

Daehyun was praised after delivering his lines perfectly and finished his scene without mistake. Baekhyun was so proud of him that he mindlessly launch himself to Daehyun and hug him. The nurse only release the latter when someone clears his throat and glares at him.

"My Baekhyunnie loves me, merong!" Daehyun sticks his tongue out.

Chanyeol was about to rant about him and Baekhyun being so intimately close for the nth time when heard the director and his leading lady's manager discussing about a particular scene which they were about to film next.