Chapter 18

Baekhyun just staring at the ceiling while thumbing the ring on his finger. He rolls on his bed, left to right, when he felt heat starts to creep on his cheeks before burying his face on his pillow, squealing like a baboon. Once his energy are consumed from rolling and squealing, he then tries to calm his nerves down.

He raise his left hand up in the air and looks at the shiny ring that adorned his dainty finger and smile as he thought of what happened at the park earlier. It wasn't the most romantic proposal in the world-- wait! Can he really call it a proposal? But it felt like one though. He crane his neck to the side and looks at Chan-Chan (yoda the pillow's new name) and shyly smile at it.

"You really don't have to give me a ring you know?" He whispered before he cover his face with his dainty hands, shining, shy about his thought about Chanyeol giving him a ring.

*

Chanyeol looks at the ring on his finger. He can't believe he's wearing one, although he used to dream of wearing a wedding ring with the person he loves, in front of the whole world to see, but instead he got married to someone he barely knows.

The actor gave some thought about what Jongin told him after their brawl in his dressing room a day before: "You're using Baekhyun in your own advantage yet you're too blind to see you're not gaining anything from it. You're just hurting him!"

Although he wouldn't like to admit it, Jongin was right. How can he involved someone whose not even in the picture when the whole fiasco started. And besides, the little nurse is too naive to be involved. He's too occupied of getting his payback that he's getting blinded and unaware of his environment already.

He remember how Baekhyun glares at him when he forcefully rip the bracelet off of his wrist. The way Baekhyun squirm, defying him, when he forced him to stay and kiss him. Maybe he went over-the-top and offend the latter. So he decided, once the small male comes back, he would ask for his apology. But then he remembered, it's been 2 days since he saw the nurse. So when Baekhyun accepted his apology, he never think twice to fetch the nurse, because he may or may not silently wished for the latter to say yes when he ask him if he wanted to be fetched from his old apartment.

It feels light and somehow comfortable when he knows that the little nurse are in the kitchen, busy whipping something for their breakfast. It put a smile on his face when he thought how earnest Baekhyun looks while doing household chores even if no one told him to do so. So as a token (or more likely a peace offering), he bought everything that the latter might need; new shoes with non-slip sole (because he thinks Baekhyun need those when on duty), new watch (because Baekhyun needs it), an anti-theft backpack and a Taser (because who knows when thugs approach him), as well as new shirts and pants.

He sighs then frown when he remember that Jongin gave Baekhyun a bracelet.

"And just so you know, I only gave him that bracelet because you can't even gave him a ring, even as a props to make your fake marriage more convincing." He remember Jongin telling him those words, so he purchased a ring.

He left the coffee shop for a while and went to jewelry shop to buy something. At first, he was actually planning to buy and replace Baekhyun's bracelet, but thinking about how Jongin knew about their fake relationship, then it wouldn't be possible for the press to know about it as well. So when a staff came near and ask for what he is looking for, he immediately tells the lady to give him a pair of ring. He even smile at the thought when the lady whose in her mid-30's, ask him about the other owner's character.

"He's very simple, yet could be loud at times. He's not too flashy, not too fancy... but he has an appeal." Chanyeol says. And just like that, the lady present him a very simple pair of ring. at first he thought the ring looks boring, very low-key, not even a detail was carved on it, yet the rings seems like calling for him.