Chapter Two: Telling the Prince of Monaco

"What is it that you both wish to discuss with me?" Albert II asked cleaning his glasses, he peered at his wife and eldest daughter knowing that it must be very important if they had come to him together. 

He remembered the days in which Camille had utterly refused to be in the same room as his wife and Albert was more than relieved that was over now; the two had formed a friendship that he was thankful for. 

Charlene sat beside her step-daughter, she had encouraged the young woman to speak with her father sooner rather than later about her current situation. 

While only three people might be aware that Camille wasn't pregnant at that moment, the last thing they needed was one of the servants finding out and spreading the news before Camille had the chance. 

"Papa there is something that I must tell you," Camille said trying to sound more confident than she felt, she wanted nothing more than to hide away right now but that wasn't fitting for a princess. 

Her heart pounded in her chest and Camille was sure that she was going to be sick, she didn't know how she would manage this if it weren't for Charlene sat at her side. 

Charlene had been wonderful since Camille had told her of her pregnancy, her step-mother had done everything to reassure her that this was all going to be alright. 

It wasn't like the Monaco Royal family hadn't had illegitimate children born before this one, even if the news would cause a field day with the press; they would handle this as a family. 

"Cami. You know you can discuss anything with me," Albert reassured not understanding why she looked so worried, there was very little that she could say that would disappoint him.

Charlene looked to her step-daughter, she could understand why she was so worried about admitting what was going on; Albert had always doted upon her and he had never really been cross with her before. 

"You must promise not to be cross with me," Camille insisted frightened what he would say when she had told him, she was scared and she hoped that he wouldn't be angry with her. 

Albert couldn't help but smile at those words, she had always said the same thing when she thought that he was going to be upset with her especially when she had done something wrong. 

"This sounds serious," Albert joked with a smile, he wanted nothing more than to ease the tension that was filling the room; he was beginning to think that Camille had murdered someone. 

He couldn't think of anything that she could do that would make him cross with her, Camille might have been a nightmare to deal with when he had first started dating Charlene. 

Camille had been fifteen-sixteen when he had introduced them and his daughter had spent the better part of three years making sure that Charlene wasn't welcome. 

Albert was relieved that she had bonded with Charlene in the end, she had looked beautiful on their wedding day and she had been an angel when Charlene had been pregnant with Gabriella and Jacques. 

"I'm pregnant," Camille breathed not being able to look at her father, she felt so ashamed that she had messed up in this way; she had never thought that this was how a one-night stand would end for her. 

Albert was completely silent as he stared at his daughter over his desk, he spared a look at his wife and was surprised about how calm she looked at this news. 

"Your aunts are going to have a field day," Albert mused with a shake of his head, Caroline and Stéphanie had been a nightmare to deal with when he had revealed his illegitimate children to them.

They would no doubt seek to blame him for the fact that his daughter had ended up pregnant out of wedlock and without a man by her side; Albert frowned wondering how they were going to deal with this. 

"And the father?" Albert asked knowing that any man could claim that the child was his in a heartbeat to get the chance to marry into a rich royal family. 

Camille was completely silent at his words, she was still surprised that he was taking the news so calm and she hoped that things were going to work out; she had no idea what would happen if she did ever find the father.

"A one night stand from when I was visiting Madrid..." Camille revealed making Albert sigh, it wasn't ideal but he knew that things were going to be okay; he was going to be a grandfather and that was all that mattered right now. 

It wasn't the most ideal situation but Albert wasn't going to make things worse for Camille; he was going to support her no matter what happened in the near future. 

Camille was going to need all the support that she could get especially when it came to tracking down the soon-to-be-father of her unborn child; they had no idea what they could expect from him. 

Albert didn't want anyone using his daughter or grandchild to gain access to a rich royal family; he was going to ensure that Camille and the baby were treated with the respect that they deserved. 

"We will deal with it from here," Albert comforted, he would have to find a way to track this man down and see what he was like before the news of the pregnancy broke. 

There was still a while to go before the pregnancy could be announced and it gave Camille some time to relax before everyone else was told that she was expecting her first child.

***

"He wants us to go to Milan for the Champions League final," Camille murmured with a sigh, the invite had been extended to her father but he was unable to attend because he was busy so it fell to Camille to take his place. 

She was the senior most royal member of age after her father and step-mother, leaving her with little choice but to agree to the invite since it wouldn't be long before her life was turned upside down. 

Marcus nodded his head, he was a little relieved that Albert had taken the news so well and he was sure a break to Milan would do them some good after her surprise announcement. 

"We'll be sitting with Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain in a royal box," Camille mused with a shake of her head, she wasn't sure what was going to happen when her pregnancy came out but she had a feeling that her father wanted to keep things as normal as possible. 

It wouldn't be long before her secret was out and the longer that they could keep that quiet the better; it would allow Camille to act as normal as she could. 

Marcus sighed, he had a feeling that Albert wanted Camille out of the country so that he could break the news to the rest of the family without worrying about upsetting her. 

Caroline and Stéphanie were bound to have something to say about their niece being pregnant and not knowing who the father was; there was a chance that they would lash out and say something that could upset Camille when she saw them. 

They had never approved of Camille's half-siblings and tended to pretend that the two of them didn't exist when they had the chance; something that proved hard when Jazmin came to visit. 

Camille peeked at her best friend, she could only imagine what was going through Marcus's head and she wished that she knew what to say to fix all of this. 

She was going to have a baby in January and by then Camille was hopeful that things would feel a lot more settled than they did right at this moment.