Chapter Fifteen: Family Division

Running her fingers through her hair, Camille took a deep breath as she looked at herself in the mirror; she was surprised how the time had passed since she had found out that she was expecting.

It was now early October and Camille wasn't surprised that she hadn't seen or heard much from Sergio since he was busy with his life in Madrid; she didn't blame him for getting a little distracted.

At twenty-seven weeks pregnant, Camille felt big and she knew that people were constantly talking about her weight now; she felt self-conscious about everything that was going on.

Camille took a deep breath, she gently ran her fingers over her stomach and thought about the baby that was growing inside of her; she couldn't believe that she was going to be a mother for the first time.

People were betting on the name and gender of her unborn child and Camille was starting to wonder if her child would ever be able to have a normal life; she had grown up as a royal child and that hadn't been easy.

The press had followed her every step of the way and Camille had hated it, she had been on the front page of every paper when she had started school and in everything that she did.

Feeling her baby move, Camille smiled knowing that she had a few ideas on what she wished to call her child; she doubted anyone would be able to guess the names that she was thinking about.

Quite a few thought that if the child was a boy then he would be named something like Albert, Rainier or José then for a girl they were guessing Grace, Amelia or Antoinette.

Camille wasn't sure what Sergio would think about names but she was sure that he would have some idea about what he might like to call their child.

***

Sergio gritted his teeth as he ignored the calls from the paparazzi, he disliked the fact that they were hovering around when he was just going about his day; he was spending time with Junior and Marco.

He had wanted to enjoy this time and he couldn't while the press where following him around like he was some sort of criminal; Sergio just wanted to enjoy some time with his children.

"Papa," Junior whispered holding on tightly to his father's hand, he didn't understand why people were following them around when they were just having dinner.

It had been strange since Sergio had moved out and he did his best to see his children a couple of times a week; Pilar might not have liked it but she wasn't doing anything to keep Junior or Marco from their father.

Sergio was relieved when they stepped into the building and the press were forced to wait outside; he was here to have dinner with his sons not focus on the press.

It was hard not living in the same house as his children but Sergio guessed that he would have to get used to it; at least with Junior and Marco were in the same city as him.

Sergio had no idea what would happen with the child that Camille was carrying, they would live in Monaco with their mother and he would see them occasionally.

"It's okay," Sergio murmured once they were inside, he brushed his fingers through Junior's hair; he adored his time with his children and he wanted to tell them all about their half-sibling.

Pilar seemed wary of even talking about the subject and Sergio knew that she wasn't going to open up about this when she wasn't pleased with the idea.

Sergio didn't want any of his children disliking the other and he was determined to make sure that the peace was kept.

***

Arriving home after dropping the boys off, Sergio paused at the sight of his mother's car and held back a groan; he had seen her since she had revealed that his father had a love child and he dreaded to think about what she wanted.

He hesitated outside of the house not wanting to rush inside to a fight that he had no interest in being a part of; Sergio honestly didn't know what his mother wanted from him now.

There was nothing in the world that would change Sergio's mind about being there for Camille or their unborn child; his mind was made up and he wasn't going to change it.

Stepping into his home, Sergio was surprised at the silence that greeted him and he paused for a moment wondering what was going on.

It wasn't like his mother not to be waiting for him when he came home, it made Sergio even more nervous about the fact that she was here in his home; he could just imagine what was going to happen now.

Moving towards his living room, Sergio was surprised to find his mother looking completely miserable; he had known that things weren't right at home but this was unexpected.

"Your padre left me," Paqui whispered looking up at Sergio, she hadn't known where else to go and she felt so lost at the idea that her marriage was in trouble.

Paqui had known that she had been walking on thin ice since she had turned two of his children against him; she had never thought that this was how things would end.

Opening and closing his mouth, Sergio tried to think of what to say and he had known this might happen; his parents hadn't been happy for a while and he hoped that it would change.

His father didn't deserve to live like he was making the wrong decision while he was correcting the wrong that he had done to his daughter; Colleen deserved better than what she had gotten and José María was finally doing the right thing for her.

"I am sorry to hear that," Sergio murmured softly, he wasn't sure what his mother expected and he didn't feel sorry for her; her behaviour had been horrible and she deserved to see that it wasn't right.

Paqui swallowed knowing that she couldn't help but feel a little lost about all of this, she had no idea what would happen now and she wished that she knew what to do; she had never thought that this would happen.

There was silence and Paqui looked down at her hands, she felt confused about what she should do and she had come to Sergio because he was the only one that wouldn't take sides in this.

José María had walked away because she was angry and complaining about him seeing his lovechild and the fact that Sergio was going to be around for his unborn child with the Duchess of Valentinois.

It had all reminded Paqui that she could have been in the same position as Pilar and it had scared her; now she was in the same position as Pilar on the outside.

"I don't know what you want me to say madre," Sergio mumbled moving to sit down with a shake of his head, he wasn't going to meddle in his parents' relationship when it had nothing to do with him.

Paqui chewed on her lip, she hadn't known what to expect and she could only hope that he wouldn't throw her out; she wouldn't blame him if he did and she knew that she would deserve it.

"I want him back," Paqui whispered, this was not how she wanted her marriage to end and she wished that she could fix this; she was scared to spend the rest of her life alone.

Sergio nibbled on his lip, he took a deep breath wishing that they didn't have to do this now; he dreaded to think what his father had been through in the past few months.

"Then you are going to have to change madre," Sergio told her, he wasn't going to help her trick his father.