Chapter Twenty-Two: A Little Surprise

Staring up at the house that he had been invited to, Sergio wasn't sure why he had been invited to such a place but he guessed that it might have something to do with Isabel; he had noticed that a lot of people wanted to know him now.

He had received an invite in the post and Sergio wished that people would stop sending him such important looking invites; he just wished that he knew what this was about.

Sergio took a deep breath, he moved forward and rang the doorbell hoping that this would be over quickly; he wanted to get back home since he hadn't heard from Camille recently.

Camille had been busy recently and Sergio hated that it affected his time seeing Isabel; he only got to see his daughter over Skype since he was focusing on the season.

The door opened and Sergio felt a wave of déjà vu hit him, he felt like this had happened before and he couldn't help but smile at the thought of the last time it had happened.

"I received an invite," Sergio said reaching into his jacket pocket to pull out the invite and hand it to the butler who was standing before him.

The man took it from him and Sergio felt a little awkward as he waited to see what would happen now; he had no idea who was waiting inside to speak with him but he hoped it would be over quickly.

"We have been expecting you, sir," the man said allowing Sergio to step inside, he shut the door behind him knowing that this meeting did not need any more attention than needed.

The house had been quiet since everyone had moved in and the man doubted that they would stay that way when everyone found out what was going on here.

Sergio nodded his head, he was a little worried about what was going on and he hoped that he wasn't going to regret coming here completely; the place reminded him a lot of the royal residence that Camille's family held in the centre of the city.

This one was a lot more modest than the last one that he had been to and Sergio couldn't believe that he had been invited into such a place again; he slowly followed the butler upstairs wondering what was going on here.

"Presenting Her Serene Highness, Princess Camille of Monaco," the butler announced making Sergio come to a complete stop at the sight of the woman that he had left behind in Monaco.

He blinked taking in the sight of Camille and he felt worry fill him wondering what she was doing here; his mind raced to all the possibilities of things that might have gone wrong.

Camille smiled watching Sergio, she was sure that he would like her surprise and she knew that it would make things so much easier for them.

"What are you doing here?" Sergio asked walking towards Camille as soon as they had been left alone, he was sure that she would have called if anything had happened to Isabel.

His heart pounded in his chest wondering why they had meet in such a private location, he didn't like this and he just hoped that nothing too serious had happened.

"I live here," Camille replied smiling at him, she hadn't thought that he was going to freak out about this when there was truly nothing wrong.

She watched as the realisation dawned on Sergio and he blinked for a moment taking in the news that she now lived in Madrid and what that would meant for him now.

"You live here?" Sergio breathed as a smile formed on his face, he would be able to see more of her and Isabel now; he had no idea how she had pulled this off when her entire life was based in Monaco with the rest of her family.

***

"I can't believe she's gotten bigger," Sergio whispered holding Isabel in his arms, he was so happy that she was here now and he was sure that her brothers would love her when he brought them to meet her for the first time.

Camille nodded her head watching him with Isabel, she was only three weeks old but there was clearly a difference from the little girl that they had brought home from the hospital.

"What does this mean?" Sergio asked curiously, he couldn't imagine what Camille might have agreed to so that she could move to Madrid so that he could be around their daughter more.

He had never thought that this was possible and Sergio hoped that there wasn't some condition to this that would make him regret having Camille and Isabel in Madrid with him.

Camille stared at him wondering what he meant, she felt a little flutter inside and she knew that she couldn't get ahead of herself when she had no idea what Sergio thought about any of this.

"You being here..." Sergio prompted wanting to know, he was happy that they were there and he wasn't going to risk anything that might ruin this; he was just relieved that he would be able to see Isabel grow up.

He pressed a kiss to the top of Isabel's head and smiled to himself, he wanted the best for all his children and that was what mattered the most to him now.

"We'll have to go back for the summer, special occasions and Christmas," Camille replied smiling, it wasn't much of an ask but it meant that she could be here with Isabel; she would pick up duties when the little girl was older and she hoped people wouldn't complain her decision.

The last thing that Camille wished to be labelled was lazy and she knew that for now she was in the clear since she was raising her daughter instead of hiring a nanny.

Sergio nodded his head, it meant that he would have a while before he had to make his own decisions about what he would do for the summer holidays and for Christmas that year.

"I'm glad you are both here," Sergio said smiling, he didn't know what was going to happen in the future but he was relieved that he had the chance to help raise Isabel instead of being just a part-time father.

Isabel was his little girl and Sergio knew that he would always see her that way, he had no idea if he would have another child but he was happy with three right now.

Junior, Marco and Isabel were everything to him and Sergio was determined to make sure that his children never went without; he would do anything to ensure that they had chances that he didn't have as a child.

"I was wondering if it would be okay if I brought Junior and Marco here," Sergio asked not wanting to just show up with the boys if it unsettled Camille in anyway; he just wanted the boys to meet their sisters.

There was no telling how Pilar would react anyway when he told her that they were going to meet Isabel; she wasn't overly fond of talking about his other child unless she truly had to do so.

Camille stared surprised that he was even asking, she didn't mind at all and she wanted Isabel to have a relationship with her half-siblings like Camille did.

"Of course," Camille confirmed with a nod of her head, she peeked down at Isabel wondering what the little girl would think of her older brothers; she was bound to find it a little strange.

Her aunt and uncle were only a year older than her and Camille was dreading the moment that their differences were truly pointed out to Isabel.

Sergio smiled at her reply and focused his attention on Isabel, he couldn't wait for his three children to meet and he was sure that it would go well; he didn't want them to grow up hating one another.