Chapter Seventeen: Jazmin Grimaldi

"It's so good to see you again," Camille said hugging her half-sister as best she could, it had been a while since she had seen Jazmin; the last time being before Camille had fallen pregnant.

Jazmin was busy living her life in New York and didn't often get time to visit, she had finished with university and was enjoying her life; she missed seeing her father and half-siblings and visited when she could.

It was strange to her to even think that her father was Albert II and her older sister was Princess Camille of Monaco, Duchess of Valentinois; she saw them as normal people and she loved spending time with them when she had the chance.

"You look..." Jazmin started knowing that Camille was feeling a little awkward about her weight; baby could come at any moment and everyone was on edge.

Jazmin had wanted to be in Monaco for when her little niece or nephew was born, she could only imagine what a nightmare the media were going to be when Camille finally went into labour.

"Huge," Camille supplied, she rested a hand on her bump as she stepped back from Jazmin and moved to sit down; she had been pleased when she had heard that Jazmin was coming to visit.

Out of both her other half-siblings, Camille was closer to Jazmin not just because they were close in age but because she saw her more than she really saw Alexandre.

The boy was half Camille's age and she found it difficult to talk to him sometimes, she was sure that they would grow close when he was older and he was able to visit more.

"I wasn't going to say that," Jazmin teased sitting down, she carefully put down her bag knowing that she didn't want to drop it; she was always in awe when she came to stay at the palace.

Albert had insisted that she had her own room like Camille did and had always invited her to stay when she wasn't busy with school; he was rather relieved that Camille and Jazmin got along so well with everything that was going on.

The two sisters did everything that they could to stay in contact with each other, they emailed and spoke on the phone every chance that they got to do so.

Camille smiled glad to have someone to talk with, the holidays had been a pretty busy time and she felt a little ignored with everything that was going on; she was being kept out of the sight of the press so that she didn't have to deal with them.

"So have you picked a name?" Jazmin asked knowing that Camille had been left with a lot of time on her hands while her family had been busy with royal engagements.

It had been hard being left behind but Albert had insisted that she enjoy her maternity leave and focus on ensuring that everything was ready for baby.

"I have," Camille revealed with a smile, she had picked a name in case she had a boy and she had picked a name for if she had a girl; she was hopeful that Sergio would like what she had picked.

She had wanted to honour both parts of her child, not just her maternal side but also Sergio's side of the family; she was even carefully picking out god-parents already for her child.

"Is it the one that I think it is?" Jazmin asked curiously recalling the talks that she'd had with Camille, she had even helped Camille decorate the nursery back at Villa Clos Saint-Martin by spending her older sister some ideas.

Camille only nodded her head, she did not want to take the risk in saying those names out loud; the last thing that she wished to do was jinx herself in anyway.

Everything had fallen into place and now they just needed to wait for baby to make their appearance in the world.

***

"Did you know that you followed tradition," Jazmin mused after some dinner, she was so happy to be back with her family and she had even considered moving to Monaco when she had finished high school but she hadn't wanted to leave her mother behind.

Tamara Rotolo was rather settled in her life back in California, she adored being able to visit New York whenever she liked to see her daughter.

The trip to Monaco was a bit too far for her liking and Tamara never felt welcome when she came to the county, she'd had Jazmin when Albert was still married to Camille's mother, Amelia.

Camille raised an eyebrow as she looked at Jazmin wondering what she was talking about; she flinched as a sharp pain appeared in her abdomen.

It vanished after a moment and she ignored the concerned look that Jazmin gave her, it had happened several times in the past few hours and Camille wasn't worried.

"I read somewhere that Grimaldis' have all had illegitimate children in the past one hundred years," Jazmin mused trying to remember where she had read that, it hadn't sounded right to her at the time but she was sure that there were other children in the same position.

Jazmin had been in that position, she had come through it fine and she was sure the same would happen with Camille's child when they were born.

The pain appeared again and Camille gasped at how strong it was, both her hands rested on her bump and she closed her eyes; it hurt and she was frightened about what this meant.

"Okay... time to go to the hospital," Jazmin insisted, she had an idea what was happening and she was sure that it would be alright; she moved to call for assistance.

They would need help sneaking out of the palace without attracting too much attention, the paparazzi were very likely to be already situated outside of the palace and the hospital waiting for them to appear.

"It's a little early for that," Camille replied shaking her head, she didn't think that she was that far into her labour even if she was slowly starting to accept that this was actually happening.

However, her words were quickly followed by a gushing of liquid down Camille's legs; she looked down a little surprised and she couldn't believe that she hadn't saw that coming.

Jazmin sighed, there was no avoiding this now and she knew that they would have to alert Albert and Charlene with what was going on; they would want to be aware that Camille had finally going into labour.

There had been plans in place since Camille's pregnancy had been revealed to the world about how they would get her to hospital without anyone realising what was going on.

The palace staff were sworn to secrecy and they were all aware that if the press found out that Camille was on the way to the hospital before an announcement then people would be fired.

Jazmin started to make the necessary calls while Camille tried to stay calm, she was freaked out and she had no idea what she was meant to be doing now.

She cursed herself for not doing test runs so that she could be prepared for this moment, she had never felt so unprepared in her life and Camille was so worried.

They would have to get from the palace to the Princess Grace Hospital where she would meet with her doctor and deliver her child; she doubted that would be an easy task with the press waiting for them.

"Let's get you to the car," Jazmin whispered snapping Camille out of her thoughts, she linked her sister knowing that the hospital bag would be waiting for them when they reached the car.

The entire world would know in a few hours that Camille had gone into labour, they first had to get Sergio from Madrid to Monaco without raising too many questions.