Chapter Eighteen: My Little Princesa

"It's nice to finally meet you," Sergio said shaking Colleen's hand, he could see how nervous his half-sister was and he didn't want her to be; she had done nothing wrong and he was happy to meet her.

It had been a surprised request when he was preparing for the first match of the New Year but Sergio had welcomed it when he saw how excited his father was about one of his children meeting Colleen.

Mirian and René had been far from welcoming to the news of a half-sister and it was even worse now that José María had left their mother because of her behaviour.

Christmas had been a strange event since it was the first since their parents had separated and no one seemed sure how long this was going to last with no one wanting to back down.

Paqui had shown regret for how her marriage had ended up but she was unwilling to accept that Colleen would be a member of her family now since José María wanted his daughter in his life.

"I think our table is ready," José María mused pleased that the meeting was going well, they had come to a nice restaurant and he hoped that this would go well.

Colleen had expressed interest in meeting her half-siblings and was a little disappointed that the other two didn't wish to meet her because they didn't want to upset their mother.

The last thing that she wanted was to step on anyone's feet, Colleen just wanted to meet the family that she had never meet and maybe become one of them.

Sergio nodded his head and they headed over to their table, he was starving and he was looking forward to getting to know the sister that he had never known.

Before they could reach the table, Sergio's pager started to go off and he paused wondering why; it was the pager that he used to be alerted if something was happening with Camille.

Sergio looked down at the pager, he felt his stomach drop at the message that he had received and he knew that he had to get to Monaco quickly before the media knew what was going on.

"I am so sorry... I have to go," Sergio said knowing that there was no way in hell that he was going to miss this, if what the pager had said was right then Camille's water had just broken and he had to hurry.

Sergio had sworn to himself that he would be there when she gave birth, he had no plans to miss such a birth and he didn't care what else was going on right now.

José María and Colleen stared at Sergio, they hadn't even sat down for dinner yet and it seemed like the dinner would have to wait now; he was already checking his phone for things that he would need.

"It's Camille," Sergio stated hoping that his father would understand, he hated to do this now but he was sure that they could have dinner some other time.

It was going to take time to get on the private jet that he was borrowing from Cristiano, his friend had offered him use of it so that he wouldn't have to delay traveling to Monaco for the birth.

Colleen blinked trying to recall what their father had told her about Camille, she still found it hard to believe that her older brother had gotten some princess pregnant.

"Go. I'll make the phone calls," José María insisted not wanting Sergio to miss anything, he could only imagine what sort of nightmare would be waiting for him in Monaco.

The press would find out sooner or later and the fact that Sergio would be arriving in the capital and rushing towards the Princess Grace Hospital would be a dead give-away.

Sergio nodded his head before turning on his heel and walking away, he could only hope that he would make it in time for the birth of his third child.